Colin Cowherd Yesterday

salutethehill

by hatchet, axe, and saw
Talked about us the first 2-3 minutes:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM2kbWq7feE[/youtube]

Colin Cowherd:
Kevin Sumlin’s gonna get fired, and I love him and I’d hire him.
Butch Jones is gonna get fired and nobody’s gonna hire him. It’s over for him as a head coach.

Fox Sports College Football Commentator and Analyst, Joel Klatt
I firmly believe that Tennessee is a prime job. I’d say top 10…11 jobs in the country.
Let’s say you’re Chip Kelly, and you have a choice between TN and TX A&M; it’s Tennessee all day long. They’re gonna pay enough for that. And quite frankly, that’s who I would go after…

Look for a “Chip Kelly” at Tennessee. And that could reboot that entire division, if you get a guy like Chip Kelly at Tennessee.

Reactions: 39 people
Would be nice, but I don't see Chip coming to the east coast again, he likes it out west. Also our AD won't be bringing their checkbook either so it will be go find another diamond in the rough I'm afraid.

Reactions: 3 people
Would be nice, but I don't see Chip coming to the east coast again, he likes it out west. Also our AD won't be bringing their checkbook either so it will be go find another diamond in the rough I'm afraid.

I don't disagree, it's just nice to hear someone else say what many fans already know...UT CAN get whoever they WANT if they WANT TO.

Reactions: 9 people
I don’t believe for one second that butch would never be a HC again. Our university is to tight to pay for Chip Kelly as well. The last 2 coaching hires prove that. Thinking of what Chip Kelly could do to this offense sends chills up my spine, but it’s a far off dream at best.

Reactions: 6 people
Kelly would be a square peg trying to fit in a round hole here...just wouldn't work...he don't speak the lingo...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
Talked about us the first 2-3 minutes:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM2kbWq7feE[/youtube]

Colin Cowherd:

Fox Sports College Football Commentator and Analyst, Joel Klatt

His West Coast bias is showing because historically we don't pay for big names. I really have hope in Currie to finally pony up. But sadly, I've had that hope for a long time and been let down.

His West Coast bias is showing because historically we don't pay for big names. I really have hope in Currie to finally pony up. But sadly, I've had that hope for a long time and been let down.

Unfortunately, its Currie's bosses on the BoT that are going to throw the cheap wrench in the plan. I'm sure every AD is going to spend it if they can, because their job depends on it. However, for years now, the BoT has basically took a giant dump on UT athletics...which is a terrible shame.

Chip is not a good fit here. Colin is a huge west coast homer. Thats the only reason he's talking about him
Ive said it over and over - Tennessee isnt going to hire a coach that earned a show-cause at his last college job. Never going to happen. Mullen is the #1 option.

Reactions: 1 person
I don’t believe for one second that butch would never be a HC again. Our university is to tight to pay for Chip Kelly as well. The last 2 coaching hires prove that. Thinking of what Chip Kelly could do to this offense sends chills up my spine, but it’s a far off dream at best.

Kelly got the Ducks 3 years probation and received 18 months show cause for himself. I'd pass on him and Petrino, if Butch gets fired.

Reactions: 2 people
Chip is not a good fit here. Colin is a huge west coast homer. Thats the only reason he's talking about him
Ive said it over and over - Tennessee isnt going to hire a coach that earned a show-cause at his last college job. Never going to happen. Mullen is the #1 option.

I mean all of it is a moot point because I don't see Jones going anywhere until end of next year at the earliest, but Mullen would be #1, #2, and #3 option to call IMO.

Unfortunately, its Currie's bosses on the BoT that are going to throw the cheap wrench in the plan. I'm sure every AD is going to spend it if they can, because their job depends on it. However, for years now, the BoT has basically took a giant dump on UT athletics...which is a terrible shame.

This, but honestly, its the AD's job to sell their choice to the folks upstairs. Chip is the type of coach that can have a Saban like effect on an entire school, not just an athletic department. I wrote about it and posted articles in another thread, but Saban is basically making Alabama tens of millions of dollars every year just in out of state tuition paying students. That spike started after 2008 and has been rising every year. In the South, everyone wins financially and academically when you have a powerhouse football program.

Reactions: 2 people
wow... the heat continues... and these are folks outside of the volnation so to speak having the same thoughts

If CBJ doesn't win a BIG game this year
OR
If CBJ loses an EASY game this year

he is done

let's hope the new AD is willing to go really big based on history and seeing how others are doing it

Chip Kelly is not coaching for a reason. he is a gimmick coach that will bury your program. that's what these guys want. they want the drama. Saban would murder Kelly right before he turned us in for violations.

Venables is the guy. Go get him.

Kelly got the Ducks 3 years probation and received 18 months show cause for himself. I'd pass on him and Petrino, if Butch gets fired.

Yet Oregon's fall from grace had nothing to do with Chip. People will blame him all day for that, but he left a Rolls Royce for Helfrich and he screwed it up royally.

VN Store

Back