Jayson Swain on Finebaum

CladInOrange

Jayson Swain going on Finebaum at 515 to discuss Vols Football. Swain is going all in on the start JG train. Should be interesting to see what he says to PAWLL

Reactions: 2 people
He needs to get there quickly so we have a QB that matches a zone read offense.

Except according to Jones... his O is flexible enough not to depend on the zone read.

Give Dormady a good pocket and receivers that consistently perform their assignments... and the O will be fine. He's made his own mistakes due to being a starter for the first time but they've been grossly magnified by the receivers and occasionally the OL... particularly one OL.

If you have receivers who miss their assignments then add a QB much more likely than the current QB to miss his assignments... that's not going to improve the O.

And... who says JG is ready to run the zone read in the SEC? He is nowhere near as strong or big as Dobbs was.

Reactions: 10 people
Swain is about to prove to millions why I don't listen to him and me in the same town as him.

Attachments

• giphy (10).gif
    giphy (10).gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 797
Reactions: 1 person
He has to have a coach with that ability and he doesn't right now.

Or... maybe he just isn't capable of becoming a better QB than Dormady regardless of the mobility you assume he can turn into big yards in the amount of time he's been in the program.

LWSVOL posted here a few days ago saying that the QB competition was never as close as they portrayed publicly. QD is FAR ahead. I have argued that the best reading of the information we were getting suggested the same thing going all the way back to the spring game. QD was given a more complex version of the O to run and was running it better. Some here argued with me that it wasn't true... now it is pretty much confirmed.

If you don't know who LWSVOL is... he's someone who apparently has significant, long-term ties in the AD.... People who see practice and hear the private conversations of coaches... and occasionally direct contact with a coach.

Reactions: 4 people
The guy is passionate, but he sounds like a guy ranting at a bar.

VN Store

Back