Embarrassed to call myself a vol

81Orange

I never thought I would have to say I am embarrassed to call myself a vol fan.

What does it mean to be a volunteer? Think about it for a minute. Where did the name come from? Would Dave Crocket spew insults at anyone the way people do on this board. I don't think so.

Social media doesn't give you a license to insult anyone. It just lets cowards hidding behind a fake identity feel empowered.

For gods sake have some class. If you wouldn't say it face to face then don't say it here. If you your going to insult someone put in your name and address so they can discuss it with you.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Just because our news media has lost all integrity doesn't mean everyone has to start making up there own facts.

Have some respect for the players and coaches, they are putting their best foot forward. You can offer criticism without offending. Name calling is just childish.

Now watch my point be proven be the trashing below.

Reactions: 78 people
Glad you fixed social media.

A post like this was long overdue. Telling people to stop trolling on social media is such a simple solution, it's amazing it has taken this long.

Reactions: 13 people

What does it mean to be a volunteer? Think about it for a minute. Where did the name come from? Would Dave Crocket spew insults at anyone the way people do on this board. I don't think so.

Social media doesn't give you a license to insult anyone. It just lets cowards hidding behind a fake identity feel empowered.

For gods sake have some class. If you wouldn't say it face to face then don't say it here. If you your going to insult someone put in your name and address so they can discuss it with you.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Just because our news media has lost all integrity doesn't mean everyone has to start making up there own facts.

Have some respect for the players and coaches, they are putting their best foot forward. You can offer criticism without offending. Name calling is just childish.

A few issues here, first the media didn't report the Shy Tuttle injury they simply inquired about it and Butch blew up. So that told me all I needed to know about the situation.

Are the players really putting their best foot forward? Because judging by the body language and the actions on the sideline Saturday I would argue the opposite and take a step further to say this team doesn't believe in Butch Jones or his system.

I will agree with you that going on Social Media to lash out at a 20 year old because your football team isn't any good is childish and dumb. But all fan bases have these types.

People are mad and no one should tell them how to feel, several are financially invested in this football program through donations and season tickets. The average cost of season tickets for a family of four hovers around 4K and for some families thats some hard earned money. So when the product being put on the field isn't living up to expectations that makes them angry as it should. But that in no way gives them the right to lash out to players, you might just find yourself falling on a football helmet.

Reactions: 5 people
The fan base fights because of passion for this program I think. We have been in the tank so long were ready for something good to happen. Since 98 all we want is to get back to the top. But is our school really gonna pay the money to get a good coach and have a shot at titles again? I am starting to think after this long it won't ever happen again. We have the money it's about spending it to become relevant.

Reactions: 1 person
FWIW most of us are putting the blame on Butch, not the players. It's mostly the Butch apologists who are trashing players in an attempt to redirect attention. Doesn't stop them from trying to claim the moral high ground by accusing others of what they themselves do. Davy Crockett probably had a word for that too.

Reactions: 3 people
I've had to do damage control before.
I've had to help others in difficult business p.r. situations.

Yes, what Butch did yesterday is from one playbook.
If you don't like a question, attack the questioner.
Going into what he thinks the role of the media should be has been done before. Often it's successful.
Saban does it all the time.
But, Butch isn't Saban.
I'm not just talking about wins/losses.
Butch is a much nicer guy.
Saban is a lifeless, emotionless, jerk.
Butch doesn't like insulting people.
He's not comfortable doing it and that shows.
That's why this strategy wasn't a good one, in this instance.

I would much rather that Butch had responded this way to the rumored question about an internal situation on the team.
"Guys, I appreciate all of the tremendous interest in Tennessee football. That is one of the many reasons why we are one of the greatest programs in the country and one of the many reasons that I'm proud to be the Coach here. And, I really appreciate that interest from all of our fans and media that cover us. But, there are instances that I just don't think that I should talk about certain situations. This involved an internal team matter and was handled internally. Go Vols." (Smile, drop mike, walk away).

Short, sweet, direct, non-combative.

Reactions: 11 people
FWIW most of us are putting the blame on Butch, not the players. It's mostly the Butch apologists who are trashing players in an attempt to redirect attention. Doesn't stop them from trying to claim the moral high ground by accusing others of what they themselves do. Davy Crockett probably had a word for that too.
:eek:lol:

Coffee morning laughs with VolunteerHillbilly.

Good times.

Reactions: 2 people

Either agree with OPs point or you are wrong. :rock:

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back