We WILL beat Vandy

GoVols64

Flying Tigers!
Fire away but I believe that this team will beat Vandy at home. I know it is not the debate we want but it would be great for these seniors to go out with a win over an in-state rival!

GBO!

Reactions: 6 people
The offense is a complete train wreck so the defense will have to win it. Not sure this team could score on Maryville Highschool.

Reactions: 4 people
The Battle for the Bottom - winner loser ought to get a #1 draft pick, or something...

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
When I saw Jarett Guarantano get in the zone all excited and hopping up and down with his hands up encouraging the crowd to get into it, I saw a fire that wins.

I believe if each Vol digs deep and really wants to win an SEC conference game this year they can pull together as a team and do it if they refuse to allow any other outcome.

Dogfight is right. It might even end up being a war.

On defense, we need to stuff the RB Webb and neutralize him to the point he can't beat us as well as keep constant relentless pressure on the QB Shurmur to the point he ends up flinching after every snap.

None of the past matters now.

This season comes down to one more game.

Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt

It's an opportunity for this team to take history into its own hands, win the conference game so that we don't finish winless in the SEC this season or become the first team in school history ever to lose 8 games in the same season and it's also an opportunity to potentially still qualify for a bowl game at 5-7 providing a chance to finish the season with 6 wins if won.

Finishing 6-7 is much better than 4-8.

It all comes down to beat Vanderbilt on Saturday.

Go Vols!

I liked the excitement and teamwork I saw on the field last night.

I have a feeling we will lose this one. If Vandy could beat us last year when we had Dobbs and Kamara, how are we supposed to beat them this year?

I think we beat Vandy, they are pretty terrible.

Our guys came out fired up yesterday, they should do the same next week. Avoiding the label of worst Tennessee team ever should provide some motivation, and I know Hoke would like an interim HC win as he rebuilds his resume.

Reactions: 2 people
I have a feeling we will lose this one. If Vandy could beat us last year when we had Dobbs and Kamara, how are we supposed to beat them this year?

I think we should cheat. Maybe offer the refs half a bottle of discount Walmart gin? Or see if some of the dumber posters on this site can come up with a few dollars (not likely)?

VN Store

Back