Ya gotta like what AD Fulmer's is doing!

Bvols48

Seems as if he is every where pushing and talking the Vols brand. Watching him on Finebaum show he made a statement that is probably one of the best I've heard. When asked about his staff he said "We had sort of a come to Jesus moment you are either going to pull or push the wagon nobody is riding the wagon or you might want to leave." Or words to that effect. I think he will all the Vol sports programs heading back to the top!!!!

Reactions: 27 people
Fulmer has been the only sane choice for AD, and yet we've had a progression of Hamilton, Hart, and Currie. Currie and Hamilton were total abject failures, and Hart was only a small step above them.

Our successful ADs have all been football coaches. The absolute failures came from somebody's school of business or sports management.

Reactions: 21 people
The choice to hire Fulmer last year was so obvious to many.

For the others, it took a total disaster before they finally saw the light.

Reactions: 13 people
This time last year I didn’t think he’d do a great job...at least immediately. Felt the modern day AD had to wear a lot of hats and he’d struggle with the financials and business negotiations aspect. In short, I overthought it and was wrong. He handles the job like the former HC he is. See the problem...deal with the problem...next problem.

Reactions: 18 people
This time last year I didn’t think he’d do a great job...at least immediately. Felt the modern day AD had to wear a lot of hats and he’d struggle with the financials and business negotiations aspect. In short, I overthought it and was wrong. He handles the job like the former HC he is. See the problem...deal with the problem...next problem.

We've been taught to think that way, but someone good with people and who isn't focused on all the details seems far more logical. Talented people can do the work; but it takes someone with the skills to seek out, develop, and use talent; and that's precisely what successful coaches (athletic or not) do. Micromanagement is not an effective style, but somehow we seem to always gravitate toward the micro-manager - the guy who needs to wear a bunch of hats - as the CEO role model.

Reactions: 3 people
Warlick needs to go. But if her contract is up next year, I can see him holding off and putting the ball in her court a bit more.

I hope we can keep the Holly talk inside the program and not pull another dumpster fire in public like we did with Butch. Holly has some excellent recruits coming in and girls are playing winning ball. When the time comes to change, Phil will do the right thing and we will hopefully keep the recruits and show some maturity with the transition. No more dumpster fires.

Reactions: 5 people
My guess is if he was to "get rid" of Holly, it will be at the end of the 2018-2019 season as that is when her contract expires I think. No buyout that way.

We won't have to pay a buyout if we lose her. All those elite programs that were begging to get her when she was hired here the first time, will pick her up instantly and offset that buyout.

Reactions: 2 people

Great post bro. Takes a real man to own it when you’re wrong. CPF is a winner and has learned from his past mistakes. He will find someone to handle the areas of the job where he may have weaknesses, and allow CPF to focus on the people aspect of the job.

We won't have to pay a buyout if we lose her. All those elite programs that were begging to get her when she was hired here the first time, will pick her up instantly and offset that buyout.

IF she wanted to leave, it wouldn't be hard for to land a gig a decent gig. Plenty of schools would take .741% overall and .734% in conference and NCAA appearances every year.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we can keep the Holly talk inside the program and not pull another dumpster fire in public like we did with Butch. Holly has some excellent recruits coming in and girls are playing winning ball. When the time comes to change, Phil will do the right thing and we will hopefully keep the recruits and show some maturity with the transition. No more dumpster fires.
Wish I could like this post fifty times.

Reactions: 2 people

I wish she would retire, but it is not going to happen. She will force Fulmer to have to let her go

Good choice of the word “flounder”. A fish that lays on the bottom of the sea. Holly is recruiting off the CPS legacy. Anywhere else she would sink to the bottom

The two eyes on the same side of the head thing is weird, too.

Fulmer did a fantastic job assisting ETSU in their football restoration. Many people do not know Fulmer was a great baseball player in high school - catcher and captain of a state championship team. He was a premiere SEC football player as was Majors. Rather have a true athlete and HOF coach than bean counters like hambone and currie.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back