Jack Jones' Love for Tennessee

Great post! Awesome individual, these are the type of in state kids we need coming to the hill. I saw him out recently around New Years in a Nashville restaurant. I didn't want to bother him at the time bc I didn't want to overstep any bounds and bc I didn't know the circumstances of why he wasn't playing anymore. Looking back I wish I would have thanked him for wearing the orange and giving his all, I just didn't know how much he was struggling.

Reactions: 7 people
Great post! Awesome individual, these are the type of in state kids we need coming to the hill. I saw him out recently around New Years in a Nashville restaurant. I didn't want to bother him at the time bc I didn't want to overstep any bounds and bc I didn't know the circumstances of why he wasn't playing anymore. Looking back I wish I would have thanked him for wearing the orange and giving his all, I just didn't know how much he was struggling.

Absolutely agree!

If you're on twitter, he'd probably appreciate this...:hi:

Thanks, Bob, that was a very good article. Thanks for finding it for us all.

Love Jack Jones. He's like Phillip Fulmer, 50 years younger.

Reactions: 4 people
This is the kind of love for Tennessee I wish we could get the kids today to understand. You can just hear how he says it. His dream, wasn't to get paid in the NFL, or to make millions of dollars. It was to run through that T with an atmosphere so deafening and insane, and its all for you, the player. Wish him well and hope he comes through everything ok.

Reactions: 9 people
Remember when so many of our posters were saying he quit because he didn't want to play for Coach Jones or that Butch was responsible for his injuries?

We were watching the Book of Manning last night and when they got to the part about Cooper I told my husband "that's Jack Jones's story". Still breaks my heart.

Reactions: 5 people
I'll never forget how big and mean against Bama back in 2015. He was blowing holes open for Hurd

Last edited:
Great story. My parents have a good friend who was a safety for the Vols in the mid to late 60s. He wasn’t from Tennessee, but he said every time the Tennessee native boys would put on their jersey, they would cry because it was their dream to play at UT.

Reactions: 5 people
Great story. My parents have a good friend who was a safety for the Vols in the mid to late 60s. He wasn’t from Tennessee, but he said every time the Tennessee native boys would put on their jersey, they would cry because it was their dream to play at UT.
Damn.

Reactions: 3 people
I’d give just about anything for this kid to be healthy...one, because when healthy he was one helluva player and at a position of significant need for us...and two, because it was always clear that he loved UT so much

Reactions: 2 people
I'll never forget how big and mean against Bama back in 2015. He was blowing holes open for Hurd in that 4th quarter.
2 freshmen in orange were caving in that whole side of the Bama D on the regular that day. The point in the article where he mentions just suiting up or running through the T one more time kind of gets to me a little. and that's a tough get. This is what it means to be a VFL IMO. Maximum respect Jack!

I hope he's very successful. Loved watching him as freshman go toe to toe with more experienced defenders. He's the epitome of VFL

Reactions: 2 people
Watched him play in H.S. and he dominated. He played with an attitude for sure. It was great when he committed. I have confidence he'll pull through and win this part of his life.

Looks like the young man got what it is to be a true VFL, hope there is a bright future for him in life, with that kind of passion and dedication. Proud to have in the family that is Volnation.

VN Store

Back