Traveling the Longest Distance

surrealvol

Who thinks you might be coming the longest distance to see a game this year in Neyland Stadium?

Trying my best to get to a game this season. Stationed in Detroit MI currently. Only about 530 miles though.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in FL and will be in for a few games but I know that's nowhere near the greatest distance. Some folks travel in from the W. Coast.

“Rainbow Warrior” used to fly into Knoxville from the islands back in the day (70’s, and well into the 80’s).
I remember him well as I was growing-up, attending games.

Anyone here recall the ‘75 season, and the trip to Hawaii at season end (signage around aloha stadium read, “the Battle is over , we need a Majors change”).
What’s the furthest you’ve travelled to a road game?

Last edited:
I used to come in once a year at least from LA and then Vegas. Sold my Vegas condo last year, so I'm strictly an FLA/GA traveler these days. One place outside ATL off I-20 and the other in Park Pinellas, FL. Used to be about 5 of us in LA that would meet up occasionally, then they tore our bar down and put up a firehouse on Venice Blvd.

“Rainbow Warrior” used to fly into Knoxville from the islands back in the day (70’s, and well into the 80’s).
I remember him well as I was growing-up, attending games.

Anyone here recall the ‘75 season, and the trip to Hawaii at season end (signage around aloha stadium read, “the Battle is over , we need a Majors change”).
What’s the furthest you’ve travelled to a road game?

No signage but this will take you back.

THE TENNESSEE VAULTS: ALOHA, TENNESSEE
A classic from the VFL Films Vault, this feature documents the 1975 Volunteers, and a road trip to the South Pacific.

THE TENNESSEE VAULTS: ALOHA, TENNESSEE on Vimeo

Reactions: 4 people
Hope to visit my daughter and catch a game this fall. Will be traveling from either Spokane or Seattle depending on flights. That's a good distance, but Hawaii or Alaska would beat that by a bunch and I bet there's Vols coming from there as well.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm hoping to make it to K'town for a game from Budapest by way of Chicago.
5,250 miles.

Do I get a Snickers bar?

Reactions: 10 people
I'm hoping to make it to K'town for a game from Budapest by way of Chicago.
5,250 miles.

Do I get a Snickers bar?

Of course you get one- you won one!!
th

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
In the 80's, I made a trip in from Misawa, Japan (Northern Japan) for a game and leave.
Did the same in the 90's from RAF Chicksands, UK which is about 30 miles North of London.

We won both times...hmmm, maybe I should go to the Bama game. lol

Reactions: 3 people
In the 80's, I made a trip in from Misawa, Japan (Northern Japan) for a game and leave.
Did the same in the 90's from RAF Chicksands, UK which is about 30 miles North of London.

We won both times...hmmm, maybe I should go to the Bama game. lol

You win the Snickers bar my friend!

What about the longest road trip? From Houston if I drove to LA first and from there to Knoxville, would that be allowed?

I’ll be coming from Seattle but will probably only attend the game in Charlotte this year

I live in a very remote, primitive and backwards place. Alabama. But can't claim long distance.

It’s about 3.5 hours for me from North Atlanta. Lately I’ve cared not to make such a journey. Who drives 200 miles to get kicked in the junk week after week? Only psychopaths.

VN Store

Back