Put a fork in him - Riley Ferguson is DONE. [attempted sarcasm]

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
I wish we had the internet during the Peyton Manning / Brandon Stewart freshman year. I would love to know if Volnation would be as polarized about a QB then as it is now.

An Orange and White game NEVER makes or breaks a player. Period. Riley might have had the roughest day, but it also sounds like the coaching staff were trying to relay a message with some tough love. Kudos to them.

From my personal perspective - I believe in Seniors, and Worley grew into the QB last year before the injury. He showed a lot on Saturday. Having said that, you ALWAYS play the guy who gives you the best chance to win.

Whoever wins the starting QB in the Fall, I know I feel really confident in the two guys behind him. Things are starting to look up on the Hill.

GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
waynes-world-not.jpeg

Reactions: 16 people
Josh Dobbs is bigger, faster, smarter, more accurate, more experienced, and less turnover-prone than Riley Ferguson, but Ferguson is still the better quarterback because... ?

Reactions: 31 people
I don't think people on this board are jumping on Ferguson, because his first time in front of 68,000 fans wasn't perfectly smooth. They are jumping on the posters who anointed him the starter before they had seen him take a snap from center. Everybody here would be happy if he was the next freshman Heisman Trophy winner.

Reactions: 9 people
Just seen on CSS where Dobbs going forward as the starter ??

Thats a pre recorded episode of talking football. Episode is like a week old. They are usually wrong about a lot of stuff. They think hes the starter because he was the starter at the end of last season. I watch that show from time to time, and they are homers and dont know much about programs that arent UF, Bama or Big10 schools

I don't think people on this board are jumping on Ferguson, because his first time in front of 68,000 fans wasn't perfectly smooth. They are jumping on the posters who anointed him the starter before they had seen him take a snap from center. Everybody here would be happy if he was the next freshman Heisman Trophy winner.

Ive seen quite a few jumping on Ferguson. Saying he doesnt fit the system, hes the odd man out and hes slow and inaccurate.... all based on the O&W game. Some said he has no future at UT and will/needs to transfer

Josh Dobbs is bigger, faster, smarter, more accurate, more experienced, and less turnover-prone than Riley Ferguson, but Ferguson is still the better quarterback because... ?

Dobbs wasn't the transcendent Johnny Manziel-type that some had a pipe dream for and thus... he sucks.

Or something like that to the individuals who believe that this team is just one player away from playing for a NC.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs has the most potential of any of the 4 QB's in my opinion. Tons of upside. He may not be the starter at the beginning of the season, but he will be by the end. Mark my words.

Reactions: 6 people

Because Riley has an nfl arm which you cannot teach and Dobbs has very little arm strength also played against guys who might not see the field after Saturday especially with the freshman coming in.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back