Jeff Goodman tweets UT has Pitinio Jr. on the short list

Pitino Jr. wont be cheap IMO, so that's good news at least. Tyndall on the flip side would be, but who knows. Maybe Hart tries to get PJR for cheap, and if he can't goes with Tyndall.

So it's okay that Pitino didn't take a team to the tourney in his first 2 years as a head coach? Interesting.

Reactions: 28 people
SEC background does not mean a whole lot on the college basketball national stage.

we need a coach who can recruit the midwest, the northeast and not just focus on Atlanta and Memphis. Tiger High is going to keep most of it's players no matter what. Atlanta players are great athletes, but they are not as fluid in the fundamentals as the guys from the midwest and northeast.

Reactions: 4 people
So it's okay that Pitino didn't take a team to the tourney in his first 2 years as a head coach? Interesting.

Not to mention, "Tennessee is not a place for on the job training."

Serious question...wonder what Pitino Sr. would think of this move?

Reactions: 2 people
He won the NIT this season, how did KA-WAN-ZO do in the NIT!

I know it is not the big dance, but its Minnesota, not really a bball powerhouse.

I don't get why people give White/Tyndall crap for not making NCAAs, but want Pitino despite lack of HC experience and conference record of .500, including abysmal late-season swoon this year.

Reactions: 6 people
Donnie who???
If we hire him, we will become the laughing stock of the SEC. Conference USA was horrible this year. A program with very little basketball relevance, Auburn, goes out and makes a big splash. If UT doesn't hire a headliner coach, then the athletic department needs to be held accountable. It will cost us at least $2 million a year, but we have what it takes to become a top tier SEC basketball program if we want it bad enough.

He won the NIT this season, how did KA-WAN-ZO do in the NIT!

I know it is not the big dance, but its Minnesota, not really a bball powerhouse.

He inherited a good team. I think he did a better coaching job at FIU. Still neither blew my mind. In fact, they should be disappointed he missed the tourney. He's down my list

Reactions: 3 people
The best thing about hiring Pitino Jr. is that Crapilari would be peeved at having to play against both Sr. and Jr.

VN Store

Back