The whole petition thing

tnktm

I had nothing to do with the petition but all the idiots out there (not us) need to understand that Pearl wasn't otherwise occupied or in some other part of the country while some were pining for him - he was right here walking around under our noses with nothing better to do. It was painful for people to know a very well liked, very successful former coach of ours right under our noses could be hired away by one of our rivals and be beating us in the next year while our current coach (who most of us really had nothing against) was going through a third mediocre year in a row (that thanks to a big finish ended up being a good year). It was a very rare, unlikely to be repeated situation that the majority of the fans had nothing to do with anyway. I thought the world needed to know how unusual the situation was.

Reactions: 2 people
I had nothing to do with the petition but all the idiots out there (not us) need to understand that Pearl wasn't otherwise occupied or in some other part of the country while some were pining for him - he was right here walking around under our noses with nothing better to do. It was painful for people to know a very well liked, very successful former coach of ours right under our noses could be hired away by one of our rivals and be beating us in the next year while our current coach (who most of us really had nothing against) was going through a third mediocre year in a row (that thanks to a big finish ended up being a good year). It was a very rare, unlikely to be repeated situation that the majority of the fans had nothing to do with anyway. I thought the world needed to know how unusual the situation was.
You get an F for grammar.

Reactions: 4 people
The rest of the world had never really thought about it like that - they understand now. I just helped hire the next coach and you boobs don't even realize it. You're welcome.

Reactions: 1 person
Well liked until he revealed himself to be a bold faced liar with a broken moral compass, encouraging recruits and their families to lie.

Some of you excuse that behavior because all you care about is the W/L column and entertainment value.

Many of us see him for what he is, and we would NEVER have allowed his rehire under any circumstances. The petition was foolish.

Reactions: 10 people

who is us? and who are you? no one would of thought you was responsible until you started a thread saying it wasn't you.

again who is us, and who are you.

OP, I do see what you are getting at, but it's time to just brush all this stuff under the rug, repress any memory of it and move boldly into the future

Well liked until he revealed himself to be a bold faced liar with a broken moral compass, encouraging recruits and their families to lie.

Some of you excuse that behavior because all you care about is the W/L column and entertainment value.

Many of us see him for what he is, and we would NEVER have allowed his rehire under any circumstances. The petition was foolish.

Very descriptive of Martin, thanks.

So funny and laughable. Pearl would never have come back to UT.

I signed the petition and I'm glad. This team underachieved with CCM as coach. The only reason we made it to the Sweet 16 is because the players got pi$$ed off because of our petition. Why couldn't CCM get those same players pumped up during the regular season? IMO, UT admin needed to know what the fans were thinking on the coach. We got rid of CCM.........mission accomplished!

Reactions: 3 people
A sweet 16 finish is NOT a mediocre year. And Pearl is nothing but Sleazy!!!

I'll admit I would have been fine with the rehiring of Pearl. The guy was bending the rules and got called for it. IMO I could live with it. The man was winning at a high level. Did I sign the petition, No. When I clicked on the link and one of the 1st questions it asked was for my address, I closed it. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back