Will Wade has been contacted...

WhatinVolNATION?

Anti-Hatvol
I rarely post and don't post garbage, but I wanted to share this tidbit. Per a member of his family, Will Wade has been contacted regarding the Vols head coaching position. Was told that they wanted to gauge his interest (of course he's interested). Hart apparently has a team essentially reaching out to gauge interest and collect info on potential guys. They then plan to start interviewing from the top of their list on down. This seems customary to me and Wade knows he's not the first choice. But, I thought y'all would be interested in the info.

Here's his bio: Will Wade Bio - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Official Athletics Site

SIAP, V,B

Reactions: 5 people
If I had to guess, Hart has already found his guy and is just filling a few more "interview" spots. Interviewing close to home saves time and $$.

:popcorn:

Heard a basketball analyst say yesterday on the radio that he thinks Wade is a future superstar though he knows UT fans would not accept him this early in his career. Will be interesting to revisit where this guy is in a few years.

Reactions: 4 people
Imagine the reaction if Will Wade is the guy. It'll be like a 10.0 earthquake in here

He's actually a really good coach. We need someone with more experience and this wont make the fanbase happy, but I would take him over Tubby Smith all day long.

Reactions: 6 people
It doesn't matter if the fans are happy when they announce the hire.... It only matters that they hire the best man for the job.

If He's hired it means that either everyone has told Hart where he could shove the job or Hart was going to be extremely cheap right from the beginning.

Reactions: 1 person
He's actually a really good coach. We need someone with more experience and this wont make the fanbase happy, but I would take him over Tubby Smith all day long.

Personelly,I would take Tubby over him on experience alone.

Imagine the reaction if Will Wade is the guy. It'll be like a 10.0 earthquake in here

You do realize that this is the same fanbase that convinced themselves Dooley was a good hire, right? If anything, recent history has shown that the majority of Vol fans will give three years to just about anyone as long as they smile at their press conference.

Reactions: 10 people
No offense to Will Wade, as I think he'll be a really good coach some day, but we need a more proven commodity. Hiring him would be disastrous in uniting the fanbase.

Reactions: 1 person
You do realize that this is the same fanbase that convinced themselves Dooley was a good hire, right? If anything, recent history has shown that the majority of Vol fans will give three years to just about anyone as long as they smile at their press conference.

You're wrong. If anything, recent history has taught Vols fans a lesson. Now we're all just hardened, bitter, and unaccepting.

Reactions: 4 people

Well, your choices as a "fan" are not many. You can either support the hire until he shows he can't do the job or you can find another team to follow.

Reactions: 3 people
I rarely post and don't post garbage, but I wanted to share this tidbit. Per a member of his family, Will Wade has been contacted regarding the Vols head coaching position. Was told that they wanted to gauge his interest (of course he's interested). Hart apparently has a team essentially reaching out to gauge interest and collect info on potential guys. They then plan to start interviewing from the top of their list on down. This seems customary to me and Wade knows he's not the first choice. But, I thought y'all would be interested in the info.

Here's his bio: Will Wade Bio - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Official Athletics Site

SIAP, V,B

:ermm:

SIAP, V,B

I heard from one of his friends that he is a huge Vanderbilt fan.

The next ... well, whatever. Would not surprise me in the least. They try to do everything on the cheap.

VN Store

Back