Twitter: VCU Insider

David Lynch could make a really great surrealist film based on coaching searches and the people who believe everything they see

Reactions: 1 person
This would be the biggest boom in as long as I can remember for the basketvols. Doubt we can cut him a big enough check, but I'm hopeful that hart sees the value in one of the best coaches in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
Volnation will double his followers within the next hour lol.

Speaking of followers, I just unfollowed Cuonzo & when it updated, he had lost 600 followers on twitterI I guess it's hard to tweet chained to a tree with a protest sign in one hand & a joint in the other.

Imagine an SEC with Coach Cal, Billy D, Pearl, Frank Martin, and Shaka Smart :)
Even the Pearlites would get over him if we landed Shaka.

Anyone who thinks this could happen is just clueless. This guy can go wherever he wants, he certainly isnt coming here. He will wait for a big time job like UNC, UK, Duke, Cause, Kansas, etc.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but youre not in touch with reality if you think Smart would come here.

Anyone who thinks this could happen is just clueless. This guy can go wherever he wants, he certainly isnt coming here. He will wait for a big time job like UNC, UK, Duke, Cause, Kansas, etc.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but youre not in touch with reality if you think Smart would come here.

Yeah, those big time jobs are always coming open.

Duke seems to change coaches every five years.

Sucks for us.

If that cause job opens, he's gone.

Reactions: 3 people

Isn't UCLA a blue blood? He had no issue turning them down. Didn't he get calls about AZ as well

Isn't UCLA a blue blood? He had no issue turning them down. Didn't he get calls about AZ as well

Stop, your correct statement doesn't fit his narrative.

Smart may someday leave VCU, but so far it's not been for lack of good basketball schools offering him north of 3 million.

Chris Stephens turned down great jobs over and over buy finally jumped, to an unlikely place. Npt saying it will happen with Shaka but at some point he will jump, and there is always a risk his stock could drop by staying at VCU for years. Never know.

Chris Stephens turned down great jobs over and over buy finally jumped, to an unlikely place. Npt saying it will happen with Shaka but at some point he will jump, and there is always a risk his stock could drop by staying at VCU for years. Never know.

Christopher Stephens? The late US Ambassador to Libya, who was murdered in Benghazi?

Reactions: 2 people

I assume you are talking about BRAD STEVENS. Not only did you get his first name wrong, you spelled his last name incorrectly. C'mon man!

I assume you are talking about BRAD STEVENS. Not only did you get his first name wrong, you spelled his last name incorrectly. C'mon man!

Yeah he clearly doesnt have a clue what hes talking about...and yeah he did jump somehwere unexpected - the Boston Celtics. Not a middle of the pack SEC team.

VN Store

Back