Hart striking Out?

Neyland Law Vol

Not to be a chicken little, but I am starting to get worried with how long this is dragging out. Should we be hearing more by now? Is Hart striking out with candidates?:no:

31407672.jpg

Please tell me this isn't what Hart is hearing out there? :blink:

Reading the national media you get the impression that no one wants this job....:cray::sick::angry:

I don't understand it with our fan attendance record and facilities. Is there any good news out there with the search?

Reactions: 5 people
Not to be a chicken little, but I am starting to get worried with how long this is dragging out. Should we be hearing more by now? Is Hart striking out with candidates?:no:

31407672.jpg

Reading the national media you get the impression that no one wants this job....:cray::sick::angry:

I don't understand it with our fan attendance record and facilities. Is there any good news out there with the search?

Wednesday, the word was not to expect an announcement until Tuesday or Wednesday. It appears that things are on schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Hart should be meeting with candidates - Howland is out there and all but called a presser to announce he wants the job. Hart won't even talk to him.

It seems no other accomplished candidate is interested? What gives...

Reactions: 3 people

31407672.jpg

Its only been a few days. These things take time.

i got a bad feeling about this search. unless we get a big name guy like donovan, we are screwed. IMHO i don't think he leaves florida, but we need someone of his caliber

Do you guys think Hart is slower than most AD's? You saw how quickly AU's AD moved... Fired the coach before he even got back home from the SEC tournament, and Had Pearl hired just a few days later.

I don't think slow is good with these searches - especially since Mizzu is out there also.

It's barely been 3 days

I'm not expecting a presser, but come on - there have been no rumors regarding "this guy is interested" or "hart is on the plane to X" or "this guy is in knoxville as we speak". Nothing like that?

Maybe with all the coaching searches we've had over the past few years, i've gotten used to more info but Im worried no info may be a bad thing?

Howland could've already been hired if Hart wanted. Let's not talk about him striking out when we have a name like that in the mix early.

You worry too much and it's only been 3 days!! Plus this is a holiday weekend.....DUHHHHH!!!! We know something sometime next week!!!

If he were striking out, we'd here about it. Coaches would be saying they were offered and told us no, like Charlie Strong and Mike Gundy. So right now no news is good news until a new coach is named.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you guys think Hart is slower than most AD's? You saw how quickly AU's AD moved... Fired the coach before he even got back home from the SEC tournament, and Had Pearl hired just a few days later.

I don't think slow is good with these searches - especially since Mizzu is out there also.

Every AD has a list and I guarantee they get called within 24 hours.

The reason why it's taking so long is because we are probably still negotiating the contract or we have our first offer going back and forth between his current school.

I mentioned in another thread how crazy Cal waited to get Cuonzo. They contacted him around the FL SEC tourny game. Then they WAIT for that entire time?!! CCM must have been their first choice all along because I don't think they had any big names on their hot board.

Reactions: 1 person

31407672.jpg

Hart is doing the search himself. If there were a consulting firm that had been hired, then I imagine that some leaks would have happened by now. However; Hart is the only one who knows for sure, other than the prospective coach and his agent.

Yesterday, I was listening to Martin on the radio and he said that after the Florida game in the S.E.C. tourney, that Cal had been in touch. However, you and I never even heard a wimper about that.

If Hart and any prospective coach wants to keep things quiet, then it will be kept quiet, until they want us to know.

Just a clue for everyone. Look at the N.I.T. tourney results. Look for a team that went far in the N.I.T. and you will find out new coach. Because you know that Hart won't pay a basketball coach more than he pays the football coach. He is looking for an up and comer.

I know Pitino & Larry Brown did well in the N.I.T. but who else????

31407672.jpg

Hey Chicken Little,

You need to relax ... Take a deep breath and let Hart do what he needs to do to get the right person! Better to go slow and get it correct than just get someone. Whoever it is will probably be here at least four years unless an integrity issue comes up! So relax and enjoy the ride!
:hi:

Their AD knew Barbee was gone this year by December. Pearl was very proven, unemployed and looking for the first job that came along that would offer.

Taking 7-10 days isn't uncommon at all in these situations. Especially since Dave seemed sure Zo was coming back a few weeks ago and Zo even said he was coming back.

That's like 2 months in VolNation time

:lolabove: So true! I have been in this forum just about every few hours since Martin quit. It's just a wierd feeling not having any coach.

A lot of these responses make sense. I guess it's a little early to totally freak out at this point.

But if we get to Tuesday or Wednesday and we have no coach it will be full Kermit time. (insert gif!)

His strikeouts with the football coaching search were well-known. I haven't heard much of anything regarding the bball search. He could have his man for all we know.

VN Store

Back