ESPN reporting Tennessee is offering La. Tech's White

TeazyT

Where's Rommel?
Say Michael White is currently "mulling his options".
IMO with his style of play, and the kind of recruits he would entice with it, I would consider this a home run hire. This guy is an up and coming star, and he has the energy us vol fans go crazy for. Hope he makes the right decision, although i feel like it's a no-brainer here. Close the deal Dave Hart! :good!:

Tennessee Volunteers target Mike White of Louisiana Tech Bulldogs as coach - ESPN

Reactions: 18 people
Don't think he's gonna be as cheap as we initially thought. He can come back to LT next year and likely land a better job, with a better salary and safer buyout.

Reactions: 1 person
That ESPN article to me wasn't exactly putting Martin in the best light here. A "surprising" Sweet 16 run, pointed out he made the NIT his first 2 years, and essentially said next season could be rough (i.e. Martin didn't leave much).

Not that any of it's unfair, just funny to read Goodman write that considering the vibe from the media at large has been that we ran Martin out.

There's way too much negative attitude with some so called Vol fans now.

It does get tiring the ones that appear to complain no matter what we do.

They say get a big name then go on about how this admin will never do it. Then when it's reported we're going after an "up and comer", they complain about that.

And I'm sure most of these guys are the ones who really wanted Pearl back, yet seem to forget Pearl himself was NOT a big name and an "up and comer" when we got him.

Reactions: 2 people
Remember the last time our AD hired a coach away from la tech? We're still living in the aftermath of that fiasco. :yes:

VN Store

Back