Vols Rally For Walk-Off Win Over Alabama

VN News

A laced line drive down the right field line by Vincent Jackson gave Tennessee its fifth walk-off victory of the 2014 season, as the No. 29 Vols rallied from six down to defeat No. 8 Alabama 10-9 on Sunday afternoon in front of 1,845 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 1 person
Incredible comeback. When they were down 8-2 in the 6th I didn't think they could do it. Essentially they turned the tables on Bama and did to Bama what Bama did to the Vols yesterday. Even though this is not a series win, the grit and never-die attitude is undeniable.

Great win! Hopefully, it can be something we build on for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 3 people
Just the fact that they didnt lie down and get swept tells me about the soul of this team. Good win today. Happy Easter Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Don't stop playing the last out.

No lead is safe until the final 3 puts are recoded by the leading was proven today.

The best comeback win as far as amount or deficit goes, vols could have quit after a flood but they didn't. I would rank this ahead of vandy game 2 by a narrow margin like 4th and inches.

Considering how high the tide is ranked this makes it worse for them compare to other times they choked vs the ut vols add in how late it was.
Chance for a sweep they blow it with the vols playing topnotch to come back, and win as they didn't fail to finish a comeback this time.
This is damn great after the abomination yesterday and the abysmal game one that had the cardinal mistakes you can't make against a top 25 team.

This seems like the crimson tide epic fail in 2013 vs auburn tigers in a game they could have won but choked. Yes damn embarrassment, and both road games.

Crimson tide had a epic fail vs the auburn tigers with a failed fg return for a td.
Baseball Crimson Tide have now added another epic choke in a game they could have won but couldn't close the deal.

I know this game is not equal to the same magnitude as the tigers but still damn embarrassing considering they are a top 10 team, had a chance for a sweep on the road, and blew a even larger lead than vandy late in the game.

The collapse or implosion was mets worthy choke style.

It's like the tide had the same kind of game that the braves had against the phillies the Monday night mayhem one except unlike the braves they couldn't protect a large lead, and ran out firepower.

Reactions: 2 people
Vols comeback on Friday that fell short forced Bama to use their closer on Friday and Saturday. He wasn't available today and their other pitchers were not able to hold off the Big Orange.

Goes to show how important it is to have a lights out closer (UT still looking for one) and the importance of pitching depth. Vols forced Bama to go deep into their staff and it paid off today.

Great win to salvage one game in this series. Need to get at least one next week in Baton Rouge and then look for a series win vs UK the next week.

Vols comeback on Friday that fell short forced Bama to use their closer on Friday and Saturday. He wasn't available today and their other pitchers were not able to hold off the Big Orange.

Goes to show how important it is to have a lights out closer (UT still looking for one) and the importance of pitching depth. Vols forced Bama to go deep into their staff and it paid off today.

Great win to salvage one game in this series. Need to get at least one next week in Baton Rouge and then look for a series win vs UK the next week.

I think we have three potential closers in Lee, Cox, and Owenby.

If one of them develop, we will see them in the pros. Dave is an epic pitching coach. The big guys do go to him.

He could of won the Pac with his Fullerton teams.

VN Store

Back