Gault still a beast at age 53

I would be curious what his 40 time would have been and how it would have stacked up against players at the combine? Anyone have a guess what his time in the 40 might be?

interesting, he's a vegetarian and looks like his bodyfat is in the low teen's Interview w/ Willie Gault

gault%20pic.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
1982 - Tennessee/Alabama...nobody on the Tide could handle this guy...I was at that game and I think he caught at least 2 TDs from Alan Cockrell. First TN win over the Tide in 10 years and Coach Majors' first and only win over Bear Bryant.

I'd love to see Gault and Herschel Walker race right now...both are from the same era and both are in phenomenal shape in their 50s.

Willie was also an Olympian who most likely would have medaled had the US not boycotted the 1980 Olympics. He was primarily a hurdler and a relay racer, however he boasted a 9.8 time (wind aided) in 100m and a 13.26 in the 110m hurdles.

1982 - Tennessee/Alabama...nobody on the Tide could handle this guy...I was at that game and I think he caught at least 2 TDs from Alan Cockrell. First TN win over the Tide in 10 years and Coach Majors' first and only win over Bear Bryant.

I grew up in the Willie Gault & Reggie White era. That Bama game was my first Bama game. I got to meet Gault at a track meet a couple years ago, and mentioned that game. He smiled and said, I remember that. That was Bear's last game, right? I said, Yeah.

VN Store

Back