Tyndall looking to bring some players?

bleedingTNorange

In speaking with people extremely close to the Southern Miss program independent of our other conversations, as well as those close to prospects, the Golden Eagles' basketball program began to feel the Tennessee opening could be a realistic opportunity today after several days' total silence from the Vols' camp. But Southern Miss acted quickly. We're told at least some of the Golden Eagles' signees or their families were informed that Tennessee could be their destination, and it was indicated that Tyndall & Co. would attempt to bring multiple signees with them to Knoxville, pending ultimate completion of a deal.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
I really hope he focuses on keeping the current guys we have - Austin, Cofer, Cornish, and Turman. Solid group.

Reactions: 4 people
I really hope he focuses on keeping the current guys we have - Austin, Cofer, Cornish, and Turman. Solid group.

I completely agree I really like the guys we have signed I hope we keep them but even with them don't we still have 2-3 spots for this class. With possible transfers both going out and coming in.

Reactions: 1 person
Hope he keeps our recruiting class intact and uses those 2 free scholarships on the JuCo guys he recruited at SoMiss

Reactions: 1 person
Just pass on this year and wait to get some quality in the future classes. Martin wasted way too many scholarships by signing bodies that weren't worth it.

Reactions: 3 people
Just pass on this year and wait to get some quality in the future classes. Martin wasted way too many scholarships by signing bodies that weren't worth it.

I thought same thing. Richardson is only one to pan out. Makanjoula and Washpun with Chievous were all waste.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope he brings Jaysean Paige. He has struggles with grades I guess, but he is a big time scorer. He averaged 27 ppg in high school in Kentucky and averaged over 21 ppg in Juco this past season with shooting over 44 percent from downtown.

I would think he'll look to either juco or graduate transfers. That way the scholarship isn't bogged down for too long.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a player or two or a recruit or two moved on, it's just the nature of the coaching change.

VN Store

Back