Yahoo Sports: Tyndall is a good hire

Great article and I am on board. I can't wait to see what he can do. But one thing is for sure....his show and radio show will be a definate upgrade over listening to Cuonzo. Good guy.....but sorry....boring.

Also said this:

"Tennessee hired Tyndall after reportedly swinging and missing on some more high-profile candidates and failing to reach an agreement with Louisiana Tech coach Michael White."

Guess that lends some credence to that "striking out" thread that you caught so much flak for

Reactions: 2 people
Also said this:

"Tennessee hired Tyndall after reportedly swinging and missing on some more high-profile candidates and failing to reach an agreement with Louisiana Tech coach Michael White."

Guess that lends some credence to that "striking out" thread that you caught so much flak for

Thanks. Yeah at the time I was taking some heat from the board for asking if he was striking out - but it is clear Hart struck out multiple times.

However, it appears he may have stubbled onto a good coach after all (as he did with Butch after striking out with Strong and Gundy). Hope it works out. I am feeling pretty good about Tyndall. Still not very confident in Hart or Cheek.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. Yeah at the time I was taking some heat from the board for asking if he was striking out - but it is clear Hart struck out multiple times.

However, it appears he may have stubbled onto a good coach after all (as he did with Butch after striking out with Strong and Gundy). Hope it works out. I am feeling pretty good about Tyndall. Still not very confident in Hart or Cheek.

This. I'm not overly convinced in Hart's conviction to do what's best for the university, but I do believe he knows what he's doing (if that makes sense)

Reactions: 1 person
Not a fan, huh? That's cool, I think a lot of folks just need a little more time to warm up to him. Butch was the same way.

I actually liked Butch from day 1. Wasn't too thrilled on Dooley or Zo, though. DT has me about as excited as the 2 of them so...I really don't know what to think of the guy. People keep comparing his energy to Butch and I just don't see it. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

If he can get a couple of bigs that are athletic enough to easily run the floor, he could have great success here.

Hope Tyndall can get the team to buy in. TSR guys this morning said the team looked disinterested in thier meeting with the coach and during his presser.

Good hire. Not great. We should have contacted a few more coaches but I'm all in now. I hope DT can lead us to regular deep runs in the tourney.

Hope Tyndall can get the team to buy in. TSR guys this morning said the team looked disinterested in thier meeting with the coach and during his presser.

Players may have felt a more natural bond with Cuonzo because of being black. Who knows? It's obvious they all looked up to him. Had to hurt to see him take off.

Reminds me of what a fool Tyler Smith's dad (r.i.p.) made if himself when Bruce was hired. At least he eventually came around.

VN Store

Back