Last year was Bajakian's worst seasons..

Dougie_D

I love stats...and I know players come and go, but these stats are still interesting.

Here are Bajakian's 3 years at Central Michigan. Butch Jones and company had Dan LeFevour as Sophomore, Junior, and Senior, starting QB.

I threw interceptions as well and rushing TD's from the QBs.

2007- PASS 29 - INT. 13
RUSH 17 - QB 19 TOTAL TD's - 65

2008- PASS 28 - INT. 8
RUSH 12 - QB 7 TOTAL TD's - 47

2009- PASS 28 - INT. 9
RUSH 13 - QB. 16 TOTAL TD's - 57

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm comparing the Cincy and TN seasons from 2009 and 2013... just so you can see different OC's
------------------------------------------------------------

CINCY / TN

2009 - PASS 39/28 INT. 8/14
RUSH 17/19 QB. 6/0 TOTAL TD'S 62/47
** Kelly's Man/Chaney
------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 - PASS 27/26 INT. 15/15
RUSH 11/14 QB. 4/0 TOTAL TD's 42/40
Bajakian/Chaney

2011 - PASS 20/18 INT. 14/12
RUSH 17/11 QB. 11/0 TOTAL TD's 48/29
Bajakian/Chaney

2012 - PASS 25/35 INT. 11/14
RUSH 19/18 QB. 6/0 TOTAL TD's 50/53
Bajakian/ Chaney
----------------------------------------------------------

2013 - PASS 28/12 INT. 17/17
RUSH 21/17 QB. 7/1 TOTAL TD'S 56/30
**Tuberville's Man/Bajakian
------------------------------------------------------

Now here's what's crazy. When they took over Central Michigan, they didn't need to recruit a QB. Dan was pretty much their ideal guy from the get-go.

When Butch took over Cincy, (2010) they recruited Munchie Legaux ,who was a verbal commit to Colorado and Zach Collaros was a Junior.... sounds familiar?

Zach was the starter for both 2010 and 2011 seasons and my guess he was always a pass first guy. In 2011 he ran a bit more..

My guess is that we are going to see Worley do much running this year. If he sucks at the running we will see Dobbs.

Now here is where I get confused. Central Michigan plays in a small league with not so good talent. An athlete like Dan LeFevour will always put up numbers. He was lucky to be in the system for 3 years. Was it because he was better than everyone else or did he actually become a better QB in the system?

Collaros, at Cincy, was in the system for 2 years. He ran more than he passed the 2nd year.

I'm really interested in the development in Dobbs. Does Bajakian actually stay to develop a QB he actually recruited for all 4 years?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I love stats...and I know players come and go, but these stats are still interesting.

Here are Bajakian's 3 years at Central Michigan. Butch Jones and company had Dan LeFevour as Sophomore, Junior, and Senior, starting QB.

I threw interceptions as well and rushing TD's from the QBs.

2007- PASS 29 - INT. 13
RUSH 17 - QB 19 TOTAL TD's - 65

2008- PASS 28 - INT. 8
RUSH 12 - QB 7 TOTAL TD's - 47

2009- PASS 28 - INT. 9
RUSH 13 - QB. 16 TOTAL TD's - 57

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm comparing the Cincy and TN seasons from 2009 and 2013... just so you can see different OC's
------------------------------------------------------------

CINCY / TN

2009 - PASS 39/28 INT. 8/14
RUSH 17/19 QB. 6/0 TOTAL TD'S 62/47
** Kelly's Man/Chaney
------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 - PASS 27/26 INT. 15/15
RUSH 11/14 QB. 4/0 TOTAL TD's 42/40
Bajakian/Chaney

2011 - PASS 20/18 INT. 14/12
RUSH 17/11 QB. 11/0 TOTAL TD's 48/29
Bajakian/Chaney

2012 - PASS 25/35 INT. 11/14
RUSH 19/18 QB. 6/0 TOTAL TD's 50/53
Bajakian/ Chaney
----------------------------------------------------------

2013 - PASS 28/12 INT. 17/17
RUSH 21/17 QB. 7/1 TOTAL TD'S 56/30
**Tuberville's Man/Bajakian
------------------------------------------------------

Now here's what's crazy. When they took over Central Michigan, they didn't need to recruit a QB. Dan was pretty much their ideal guy from the get-go.

When Butch took over Cincy, (2010) they recruited Munchie Legaux ,who was a verbal commit to Colorado and Zach Collaros was a Junior.... sounds familiar?

Zach was the starter for both 2010 and 2011 seasons and my guess he was always a pass first guy. In 2011 he ran a bit more..

My guess is that we are going to see Worley do much running this year. If he sucks at the running we will see Dobbs.

Now here is where I get confused. Central Michigan plays in a small league with not so good talent. An athlete like Dan LeFevour will always put up numbers. He was lucky to be in the system for 3 years. Was it because he was better than everyone else or did he actually become a better QB in the system?

Collaros, at Cincy, was in the system for 2 years. He ran more than he passed the 2nd year.

I'm really interested in the development in Dobbs. Does Bajakian actually stay to develop a QB he actually recruited for all 4 years?

It's more like will Butch and company stay.

Another thing that surprised me is that Bajakian offense is not as "hurry up" as I first thought. The first 2 yrs, CMU was 20th and 10th in plays per game then it started dropping off drastically to the 70th to 100+ range from the last yr at CMU to us.

From Butch and his staff to the entire VolNation....I say....
83011.png

Wil CMB's offense work in the SEC? Me tinks the jury is still out on that one. :question: :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here's a follow-up for the passing numbers. In 4 years at Cinci, Bajakian had the following statistical output from his TE:

* 2009: 27 rec 364 yards 3 TD - 1 TE was in top 5 in overall rec output

* 2010: 24 rec 197 yards 2 TD - 1 TE was in top 5 in overall rec output

* 2011: 25 rec 333 yards 5 TD - 2 TEs neither were in top 5 but were 7/8 back to back. They took a back-seat as Cinci had Kenbrell Thompkins and Isiah Pead who were both featured prominently.

* 2012: 45 rec 722 yards 8 TD - 1 TE and led the entire team in rec output.

Brendan Downs is the only TE that saw any playing time and only pulled in 12 rec for 72 yards. That's also the worst TE output that Bajakian has ever had outside trying in vain to work in some Freshmen at TE at Central Michigan. I think Wolf-Helm could combine for some 2011 level production.

The disturbing thing I saw while grousing over player stats? JJ Watt played for Butch Jones and crew at Central Michigan. Kudos to Butch Jones for getting a commit from the Brian Kelly scouted JJ Watt. The bad part? A guy who is dominating the NFL as a DE was a mediocre TE for them catching 8 passes in his only year on the team.

A high note for the 2007 Central Mich team? Their #2 WR was a FR named Antonio Brown.

Here's a follow-up for the passing numbers. In 4 years at Cinci, Bajakian had the following statistical output from his TE:

* 2009: 27 rec 364 yards 3 TD - 1 TE was in top 5 in overall rec output

* 2010: 24 rec 197 yards 2 TD - 1 TE was in top 5 in overall rec output

* 2011: 25 rec 333 yards 5 TD - 2 TEs neither were in top 5 but were 7/8 back to back. They took a back-seat as Cinci had Kenbrell Thompkins and Isiah Pead who were both featured prominently.

* 2012: 45 rec 722 yards 8 TD - 1 TE and led the entire team in rec output.

Brendan Downs is the only TE that saw any playing time and only pulled in 12 rec for 72 yards. That's also the worst TE output that Bajakian has ever had outside trying in vain to work in some Freshmen at TE at Central Michigan. I think Wolf-Helm could combine for some 2011 level production.

The disturbing thing I saw while grousing over player stats? JJ Watt played for Butch Jones and crew at Central Michigan. Kudos to Butch Jones for getting a commit from the Brian Kelly scouted JJ Watt. The bad part? A guy who is dominating the NFL as a DE was a mediocre TE for them catching 8 passes in his only year on the team.

A high note for the 2007 Central Mich team? Their #2 WR was a FR named Antonio Brown.

You may have to scratch that 2009 stat. He only at Cincy for 3 years.

Need accurate QB. Not miss wide open guys again and again. Don't need a cannon arm, but accurate. This will open up the run. A mobile QB would be nice, but we need a guy not throwing for the feet or stands almost every play. Worley over Dobbs for that. Because of that, I think I'd rather not see Worley run much. Keep him healthy. Don't really have a QB, much less a backup. I think you bring in Dobbs on third and two, to give you that type of threat.

Well..
We Need anaccurate QB. Not miss wide open TE's and WR's again and again. Don't need a cannon arm, but accurate. This will open up the run. A mobile QB would be nice, but we need a guy not throwing for the feet or stands nearly every play. Worley over Dobbs for that. Because of that, I think I'd rather not see Worley run much. Keep him healthy. Don't really have a QB, much less a backup. I think you bring in Dobbs on third and two, to give you that type of threat.

If Worley isn't the starter, I'll be really surprised. This is year 2 in the system, so he should be more comfortable with scheme and concepts. More to the point, he should (key word) be more comfortable running the ball a couple of times per game to keep the defense honest.

When you are running the read / option play, the quarterback has to be a threat to run. Last year, Worley simply handed it off the vast majority of the time. Teams knew that he was not going to run.

Worley needs to run, or Dobbs needs to play....in my humble opinion.

It's a surprise playing that schedule and in yr 1 of rebuilding without a TE and speed/depth at WR?
I don't think some realize how important the TE is to this offense and we had to take those pages out of the playbook. TE was leading receiver his last year at Cincy.

When you are running the read / option play, the quarterback has to be a threat to run. Last year, Worley simply handed it off the vast majority of the time. Teams knew that he was not going to run.

Worley needs to run, or Dobbs needs to play....in my humble opinion.

4-7 yards, then slide or run out of bounds. That's all we need to keep the D honest. We don't need Tebow 2.0.

VN Store

Back