Butch just said Worley will start

This statement was made by Butch during a presser that is currently live.

Butch goes on to say Dobbs and Petermen will continue to battle for the # 2 spot.

Reactions: 2 people
Had he named anyone else at this point I would've had serious concerns about Butch. This decision was a no brainer IMO.

Reactions: 17 people
This is a good choice until he throws his 1st incomplete pass.

Peterman has had a fine Summer, particularly the last week or two. But that is not enough to start him over a relatively reliable senior. Worley is in a better position to manage the field, and keep our receivers happy.

If Worley doesn't have a great start to the season, then we can bring in Peterman after a game or two.

Reactions: 5 people
Peterman has had a fine Summer, particularly the last week or two. But that is not enough to start him over a relatively reliable senior. Worley is in a better position to manage the field, and keep our receivers happy.

If Worley doesn't have a great start to the season, then we can bring in Peterman after a game or two.

You do know he was joking, right?

Or did I miss the sarcasm in your post. Just checking.

This is a good choice until he throws his 1st incomplete pass.

Or interception, Butch did say he saw him make a good decision last night in the scrimmage on 3rd down when no one was open and he threw it away and they kicked a field goal. Looks like VN's next point of concern is going to be the kicking game.

As soon as Worley throws his first pick, Volnation will have a meltdown and call for Peterman/Dobbs. Just a prediction

a62a93f93010826d4e3a662fe93e68677cc9c4eefa491f0bd4910b6801792f08.jpg

JK.

I think Worley will do a good job he just manages the game. Don't go crazy and let the athletes around him make plays.

I still think we see Peterman in some running plays.

Reactions: 3 people
You do know he was joking, right?

Or did I miss the sarcasm in your post. Just checking.

I know, but I was using that post as a jumping off point to discuss the decision itself. It seemed relevant since a lot of people will start complaining after that first short throw.

This kind of random in this forum.. But I'm going to the Utah state game. It's my 1st game in several years. And 1st since being old enough to drink..I'm not very familiar with knoxville. Where should I go for Saturday night festivities restaurant/bars and Sunday tailgating? Does anyone like sell a wristband for eating/drinking anywhere or would I just be better off bringing beer myself on game day? Thanks!

VN Store

Back