A win is enough for me but what about you?

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
This isn't a cupcake opener like Austin Peay! Utah State has talent and has winners on their roster. Of course I want to see team 118 blow them out but honestly as long as we win I don't care much about the score. We are young and this will be a good test. Anyone feel like if we don't win big its a huge disappointment? Do you predict a VN meltdown if it takes a last minute drive to get the W?

Reactions: 2 people
This isn't a cupcake opener like Austin Peay! Utah State has talent and has winners on their roster. Of course I want to see team 118 blow them out but honestly as long as we win I don't care much about the score. We are young and this will be a good test. Anyone feel like if we don't win big its a huge disappointment? Do you predict a VN meltdown if it takes a last minute drive to get the W?

If we win and Utah state played out of their minds, I'm ok with a close win. I'm ok with a win just because a w is a w. BUT if we play slow, Worley turns the ball over and we can't run the ball, it will be cause for concern
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You haven't been here very long have you? If we win by 10 or less, there WILL be at least one thread questioning CBJ full of people saying he should he on the hot seat or fired.

Reactions: 3 people
If we win and Utah state played out of their minds, I'm ok with a close win. I'm ok with a win just because a w is a w. BUT if we play slow, Worley turns the ball over and we can't run the ball, it will be cause for concern

Your last sentence would be season ending type of prediction. No shot at a bowl game if you can't run the ball against these dudes.

You haven't been here very long have you? If we win by 10 or less, there WILL be at least one thread questioning CBJ full of people saying he should he on the hot seat or fired.

Ive been here long enough to know this place has its fair share of unrealistic geezers living in the past. Just want to see where everyone stands going into the game. I'm with ya... a few negavols will start some fire butch threads for sure

Reactions: 1 person
Your last sentence would be season ending type of prediction. No shot at a bowl game if you can't run the ball against these dudes.

That's what I'm getting at. Some fans will complain if we don't blow them out. But as I stated, you have to look more at how the small things play out. Say we both play well, chuckie makes some great plays and we do a 2 min drill to ice the game, I'm ok with that. Jmo

This is going to be a lot tougher of a game than some of our fans realize.

A lot of fans on here seems to think USU is some kind of cream puff. I am as big of an UT fan as you will find but I live in reality and reality is telling me we are going to have to play hard for four quarters to win this game.

USU will come to play you can bet that.

Of course a blow 14+ point win would be an outstanding start to the season. I honestly feel a 7 point win would be very sufficient and would be very proud of it. If it takes a last second field goal I will be very happy but somewhat disappointed. I wont "freak" out like some on VN that are never satisfied. I feel like we can win by 10.

I think most of Vol Nation is overrating this team rather than understating. 21 point victory.

I hope this is all we have to argue about. A big W or little W is still a W.

As long as we win I'll be happy. Utah State is better than most will give them credit for. There's a reason why Vegas has us favored by less than a TD.

Reactions: 1 person
We can lose every game as I understand that we're rebuilding. However, I can't accept us not getting better players, coaching better, and giving up in the locker room before the game even starts.

I'm patiently waiting as I know it's a process. In business the three P's are critical for success: place, processes, and people. Hence, I believe we have all three.

It took us a decade to get this bad; it'll take time for us to be restored. Just my humble opinion.

I don't care how much we win by. All I want is for our guys to look good on the field. By this I mean having the right number of guys needed for a package. Be involved the game, not taking penalties or wasting time outs because someone wasn't on the field in time. I want to see some organization. I know we're young and there are gonna be growing pains. But the last few years we have looked like youth league. I think we are getting smarter players now. Hopefully we turn the corner starting thsi weekend. Go Vols.

We can lose every game as I understand that we're rebuilding. However, I can't accept us not getting better players, coaching better, and giving up in the locker room before the game even starts.

I'm patiently waiting as I know it's a process. In business the three P's are critical for success: place, processes, and people. Hence, I believe we have all three.

It took us a decade to get this bad; it'll take time for us to be restored. Just my humble opinion.

The right coach will fix it. I think we have the right coach based on the talent being recruited. I think we win a couple we shouldn't this year and have a little momentum going into 2015.

I think the best thing that can happen is that we're down on our last possesion and we take it all the way for a winning TD.

This will make it a serious wake up call for our team that they must play hard every second or they'll lose.

Going all the way down the field for the winning TD will inspire our O and give the whole team lots of confidence that if they play hard and focus every play that we can Win against anyone.

Having said that I hope we Win by 2 TD's at least.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

A win is number 1

Not giving up 30 points would be 2

Actually seeing fundamental tackling number 3

A Huge bonus would be seeing Chuckie Keaton shut down every time he tried to move the ball with his legs

Here's my stance.

IF we execute properly, make very little mistakes, drop very few passes, and control what we can control well, and we win by a little margin because Utah State played well as well, then I will be happy.

If we play like crap, and execute poorly, and manage to lose, or win by only a little, then no, I won't be okay.

I want execution, and I want discipline. I know that will be hard to ask from such a young team. BUT, they have to do as Butch says and "control the controllables."

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back