So what do you think the Game Plan for USU is?

SigSaurP228

Just interesting, because I am bored and kick off hasn't happened yet.

I think if I am Mike Bajakian, I am using the size advantage of our offensive line to run the ball a lot.

I would call an extremely Vanilla game and not open the playbook very much ( unless god forbid its needed).

I would probably try to call a 70/30 rush/pass game, and control the Time of Possession, keep Keaton off of the field.

USU can't beat you if their most dangerous weapon spends 40 minutes on the sideline.

I would make a horrible defensive Co-ordinator.

The best I can come is putting Maggit and Barnett on the ends to try and keep Keaton in the pocket, and from running on the outside, and trying to use our size advantage on the Dline to pressure Keaton into bad throws.

I believe our Linebackers are good enough to stuff the run so the key is to pressure Keaton into bad choices.

What say you VN how to do you plan for the W

Last edited:
Attack on Defense. Control the Tempo and impose our Will on Offense. Use the heat and crowd to our advantage.

Attack, Control, and Attack some more.

Reactions: 1 person
There's no trick to winning this game, only execution. Run hard, catch your passes, don't turn the ball over, don't let them get open, don't botch ST play.

If we can execute and not beat ourselves, we should be able to keep the offense pretty vanilla and use this and Arky State as a top-flight tune up before Oklahoma.

Reactions: 2 people
Offense: I think we have to start of passing the ball 3,4,5 wide. The reason I say that is because Utah State will blitz a lot and blitz early to stop the run. They will blitz also because we have a fresh Oline to try to penetrate the backfield. Worley HAS to have confidence and get the ball out quick. Run atleast a few rb screens in the first couple opening drives.

Defensively: I feel like our guys have to shoot of the line and truly push the Oline back and put constant pressure on Keeton. Have to have someone playing zone to keep an eye on Keeton incase he makes it out. He will gash us a few times with his feet but we cannot let him to continue to get 15, 20, 25+ yard chunk plays. DB's have to play smart and not as aggressive as some may like. Keeton likes to pump fake a lot and our young guys need to worry more about covering the WRs than going for a pick.

Last edited:
Interesting analysis, Dunbar I can see it as well. I would think that we should be setting up quite a few screens and such with our receiver corps I do think that would be deadly.

I am honestly scared to death defensively.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting analysis, Dunbar I can see it as well. I would think that we should be setting up quite a few screens and such with our receiver corps I do think that would be deadly.

I am honestly scared to death defensively.

I honestly feel it will come down to the dline. We HAVE to make him uncomfortable. We cannot let him sit back and scan the field for 4-5 seconds then take off around the edge and go for 20 yards. I feel like Maggit and Vereen and Barnett along with Hendrix will get it done. They all seem like high octane guys that want to eat the qb. Upgrade over what we had last year.

I expect we will run the ball alot and get a few explosive plays from the passing game. Keep the defense fresh and not chase Chuckie around.

Throw in a lot of outside runs and short passes and screens. I like the chances for our young stars to make plays in open space against USU's inexperienced corners.

Early: Lots of Lane/Hurd with some quick pitches to the TE and Slot to gauge Worley and build his confidence.

Late: Dagger after dagger to North, Pearson, or Malone with the deep ball.

4th Qtr: Running the clock down.

Stick to General Neyland's Game Maxims. Another point is to have the crowd in it the entire game; don't think USU knows just how loud 102,455 people (drunk people) can be. I'll be cheering from California!

VN Store

Back