2017 Vols vs Georgia Tech in Atlanta

More than likely we would. But the new SEC rule states we have to play atleast 1 out of the big 5 for our non conf teams. Will be good for recruiting as well. Playing in ATL can not hurt

Who cares, it'll help with recruiting in Georgia. It's not like we have a problem with that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 3 people
Of course in 2017 GT will be loaded with two Heisman candidates on offense and a defense that would make the '85 Bears proud.

Reactions: 5 people
Rather play FSU,Clemson,VT,Miami or UNC in ACC. Maybe good for recruiting but tough offense to get ready for if they are still playing that option crap.

Rather play FSU,Clemson,VT,Miami or UNC in ACC. Maybe good for recruiting but tough offense to get ready for if they are still playing that option crap.

We've done fairly well against Clemson in recruiting. Hope it continues that way against UNC. FSU, however, is a destination location presently.

We also play @ Memphis in 2017. That leaves 6 home games against Southern Miss, Indiana St, S Carolina, Georgia, LSU, and Vandy. Maybe UT will lower season ticket prices that year :)

Reactions: 1 person
Playing in the CFA Bowl to start the season is never a bad thing.

And Chik-Fil-A will love it since they get to host the returning 2016 National Champion Vols going for their 3-peat.

Reactions: 3 people
Lot's of rumblings of discontent with Paul Johnson. Not sure he makes it to 2017 so maybe no option to deal with by then.

For those worried about defending the weird offense that GT runs let me give you 2 positives...

1. ANY team that has had time to prepare for Paul Johnson has handled them pretty well. Check his bowl record and teams that play him coming off bye weeks.

2. There is a STRONG possibility that CPJ won't be at GT in 2017 if they don't reverse course soon.

The CFA game with the college football hall of fame being in Atlanta now is a huge opportunity for fans. I hope we play it. I will be at this year's home opener, next year in Nashville, Atlanta in 2017 and Charolotte in 2018. Each should be an awesome experience. And I FULLY intend on being in Bristol in 2016!! GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
We should really be clicking on all cylinders and we should ranked in the top 5 or 10 preseason as the new normal

VN Store

Back