Hurd Some Good Things on Jalen

TheGoodStuff

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/freshman-rbs-often-immediate-impact-203724086--ncaaf.html

''No coach teaches you how to make a guy miss,'' Saban said. ''No coach teaches you how to explode through a hole and outrun anybody. No coach really teaches you how to run past the corner because you're faster than they are. Technically, there's probably less that (players at) those positions have to learn.''

Cant argue with this logic.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't know Roc Thomas was trying to work his way up our depth chart...interesting, going to be hard to do that all the way from the Plains

Reactions: 5 people
giphy.gif

C'MON.. Saban is very careful about protecting his image and is very selective about what he says and does...

Attachments

• saban-is-a-dick.jpg
    saban-is-a-dick.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,202
Reactions: 7 people
Other Saban quotes:

"Derek Dooley is an excellent coach and he is doing a fine job at Tennessee."

"Lane Kiffin is a very good coach and I've always had the utmost respect for him."

Lane Kiffin: "I'm looking forward to being at Alabama and returning to the SEC."

Layla Kiffin: "We just love Tuscaloosa."

Other Saban quotes:

"Lane Kiffin is a very good coach and I've always had the utmost respect for him."

Lane Kiffin: "I'm looking forward to being at Alabama and returning to the SEC."

Saban: I see Sal doing great things with Tennessee's defense.

Reactions: 4 people
CMon Man! did anybody actually READ the article.

The article was poorly written but some interesting comments made by a few big time coaches.

Saban was not specifically talking about Hurd. Sorry op.

Where did I say that Saban specifically and exclusively singled out Hurd?

Reading comprehension is not strong with you. Sorry jkleno :crazy:

Last edited:
Other Saban quotes:

Saban: My daughter can beat the sh*t out of your daughter.

We haven't had anyone at the RB position in a while that bullied anyone. Hopefully Hurd will show off on the field and not just say what he's gonna do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/freshman-rbs-often-immediate-impact-203724086--ncaaf.html

''No coach teaches you how to make a guy miss,'' Saban said. ''No coach teaches you how to explode through a hole and outrun anybody. No coach really teaches you how to run past the corner because you're faster than they are. Technically, there's probably less that (players at) those positions have to learn.''

Cant argue with this logic.:rock:

Whatever man. If someone decided not to read the article, then I would think most people would assume that your lovely Saban quote was related to your title "Hurd some good news about Jalen." You know that was your sly purpose, but since the article was so poorly written, no one really cared about your thread.

I like Fournette and Roc Thomas a lot, but I wouldn't trade Hurd for any RB in the country. And I don't say that because he's from the state of TN, and chose us. Put his highlight tape next to any of the incoming freshman or any of Bammer and UGA's backs, and there is just no comparison, IMHO.

The kid makes some unbelievable plays, is hard to bring down and once he's reached the 2nd level, the band can go ahead and start blasting Rocky Top....cause he's gone to the house.

Reactions: 3 people
Per Fournette's quote:

''My expectations for this year are to rush for 1,000 yards, be All-SEC, be All-America and be a Heisman Trophy candidate,'' Fournette said.

There is confidence and there is arrogance with a thin line in between. And one best make sure they can back both up in SEC ball.

I'll take a player like Hurd that's not making grandiose claims and instead will "show what I can do." Show, not talk out his butt.

"Oh well the Hurd Hurd Hurd, the Hurd is the word, yes the Hurd Hurd Hurd, Hurd is the word, have you heard about the Hurd?"

VN Store

Back