Lane>hurd

You watched a different game than I did then. Hurd had many more carries and while neither were very impressive, he broke through and punished them more.

Reactions: 6 people
You watched a different game than I did then. Hurd had many more carries and while neither were very impressive, he broke through and punished them more.

Same amount of carries. Twice the yards for Lane.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 23 people
They both played sluggish, but wait until we play a team that isn't stacking the box the entire game.

Reactions: 5 people
Lane sees the field better. Remarkably better. It's to be expected. Lane is a senior who is fully integrated into the system. Hurd is a true freshman who barely played his senior year of HS. As the OP said, Lane is better, "for now". Once Hurd learns the system, things will change. Offensive line really needs to gel quickly however for either of them to have much success in SEC play.

Reactions: 15 people
Lane is the better rusher from scrimmage. Hits the middle hard.

Hurd is better in space. Nice 1-2 when our o-line develops.

Reactions: 4 people
Lane has always been better running thru the tackles, give the O-Line a game with film to correct some things, USU was playing to stop the run period.

Hurd is just WOW on that move, to be 6'3 and to be able to cut or juke 2 players out of their shoes is going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
They both played sluggish, but wait until we play a team that isn't stacking the box the entire game.

How were they stacking the box? I only saw six hats in there for most plays.

The bigger issue is our scheme. We tried to run with five linemen blocking those six with no TE or FB on many plays.

Reactions: 10 people
Hurd had a key block on the Pig Howard TD. He worked hard this offseason on his blocking and it will play a key role in the success of this offense. Very impressed with desire to do what it takes to win

Reactions: 6 people
Lane more experience. Hurd more potential

This. Hurd has the potential to be one of the great ones before it's all said and done. But nothing comes easy. Not at this position. Not in this conference. Did anyone else notice Hurd get totally blown out on 3rd down the first series. He stepped up into the hole to pass protect and get straight blown though allowing a sack. Hes going to be great, but he will have to earn it

Reactions: 4 people
Lane is the better rusher from scrimmage. Hits the middle hard.

Hurd is better in space. Nice 1-2 when our o-line develops.

Lane bounces it inside 9 out of 10 times, when sometimes there's air to the outside and he doesn't take it. Hurd is definitely more of a homerun threat

We need them both.

It's interesting that Hurd was able to score on that screen pass because it wasn't executed all that well. We had three linemen who were supposed to to be in front of Hurd when he caught the ball--and none of them was. He was outside of all of them. Even though we scored, it shows you how plays break down. Either Hurd was too far outside or, more likely, the linemen were too slow getting over. IN the event, when Hurd cut back at least one of them was in a position to make a block and he got the score. That block of his on the Howard score was sweet.

I definitely thought Lane looked better than Hurd last night. Lane's always been a tough runner who doesn't shy away from contact. The focus of the O last night seemed more towards getting Worley confidence and less about the running game. Let's get our run blocking situated next week, and put it all together against Oklahoma.

Hard for me to make a judgement until the O-line steps up a little more...I hope Lane has a big year though...I know a lot don't agree, but I think he was under utilized the past couple seasons.

Reactions: 7 people
This. Hurd has the potential to be one of the great ones before it's all said and done. But nothing comes easy. Not at this position. Not in this conference. Did anyone else notice Hurd get totally blown out on 3rd down the first series. He stepped up into the hole to pass protect and get straight blown though allowing a sack. Hes going to be great, but he will have to earn it

Yeah I seen that it was like welcome to college football.....One thing to note they have a lot of 23 to 25 year old men playing coming off mission trips

USU's scheme against the zone read was designed to force Worley to keep the football, and the DBs stayed in man coverage, in fact, sometimes they left the slot guy uncovered. USU was determined to stop the RBs.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back