Paul Finebaum

keckjm

I unfourtantly found myself listening to his show today, and this AU fan came on with probably the most dogmatic view towards AU football I've ever seen. Total moron. Anyways, Paul comes back on and compares the entire UT fan base to this guy, saying,"UT fans always partake in irrational exuberance". WTF is this jokers deal?

Reactions: 1 person
Ok fess up. Which one of you jokers called on there and was blathering about beating OK? When Finebaum asked him to name 3 reasons UT wld beat OK, I just switched the channel. Did not want to listen to the unintelligible drivel of a response that was sure to follow. SMH

Reactions: 2 people
Ok fess up. Which one of you jokers called on there and was blathering about beating OK? When Finebaum asked him to name 3 reasons UT wld beat OK, I just switched the channel. Did not want to listen to the unintelligible drivel of a response that was sure to follow. SMH

Certainly not?

Wait until we beat Arky State and go 2-0

"We dun gon go beat errbody this season by tree fiddy"

Reactions: 9 people
Finebaum was actually complimentary to Tennessee on his tv program last night. And Tennessee DID look good. BUT....might wanna not put that syringe in your neck yet about hanging with Okla. I think we can, but I'm not ready to put money on that at all. And please stay off his show banging the drum about a National Championship with one win.

I suppose you actually have seen some of the threads on VN during the off-season?

Yes, and it's not any different than any other fan base. Hell Auburn and Alabama are worse. Georgia and Florida are about the same as us. Go read where the other team's post and you'll be thankful for what they post here.

Reactions: 6 people

I think it was no sir eee. He says we beat Oklahoma and UGA based on our Utah State victory and Georgia relying too much on the run

There are 2 types of hated sports columnists: the ones who aren't good and the ones who are incredible. The ones who aren't good die off. The ones who are incredible make millions.

I'd like the record to show that if he got his early positions in Nashville instead of Birmingham, UT fans would have loved him until just recently.

Certainly not?

Wait until we beat Arky State and go 2-0

"We dun gon go beat errbody this season by tree fiddy"

Just kills me to hear these people...UT fans or not. It's like watching a train wreck. I just had to 'turn away' from it this time.

Even if it were, that's not pragmatic. How can you take the opinion of one guy and use it to compare an entire fan base?

Agreed. People are so quick to generalize it's freaking infuriating.

I'm not sure which is more ignorant, the guy saying we're going to beat X our the people generalizing an entire fan base from said guy's opinion.

Even if it were, that's not pragmatic. How can you take the opinion of one guy and use it to compare an entire fan base?

Its not just his opinion

As long as I have been a UT fan, a portion of our fan base has always been out of touch with reality

We never seen it any worse than the years up to Fulmer's firing and the denial by a majority that he was done

Now, its just not our fans, but all schools have the same group that shun common sense and tend to wander on the irrational side of thought

We are not immune from it

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, and it's not any different than any other fan base. Hell Auburn and Alabama are worse. Georgia and Florida are about the same as us. Go read where the other team's post and you'll be thankful for what they post here.

You just listed 3 teams that have played in multiple national championships in the last 10 years and the other only wins double digits like...every (other) year.

Top-10 apples to Underperforming oranges

Last edited:
There are 2 types of hated sports columnists: the ones who aren't good and the ones who are incredible. The ones who aren't good die off. The ones who are incredible make millions.

I'd like the record to show that if he got his early positions in Nashville instead of Birmingham, UT fans would have loved him until just recently.

I have zero issuses with Paul until he makes some hasty generalization based upon a few dumba@@ callers who think UT is anything more then a 6-7 win team. You have those fans in every fan base. Bama has loads of them. That's my issue with what he said. He points out UT alone as if we are the only fan base to have some crazy fans with crazy expections.

Your record needs an asterisk. McGoo is a clown in what ever city he is spitting his drivel. imo

They literally get the bottom of the barrel to talk on the show. Its honestly why I watch it because it is hilarious to watch doesn't matter the fan base there is always overconfident fools. I will say Finebaum might have a bit more experience with our fan base than others considering he did get his degree from UT.

Also Charles from Reeltown is my favorite caller of all time

I unfourtantly found myself listening to his show today, and this AU fan came on with probably the most dogmatic view towards AU football I've ever seen. Total moron. Anyways, Paul comes back on and compares the entire UT fan base to this guy, saying,"UT fans always partake in irrational exuberance". WTF is this jokers deal?

Need more proof you could be doing something more enjoyable than listening to his show; like...sleeping.
GO VOLS!

After what Paul had to say about her precious little boy, I'm guessing Barbara Dooley won't be calling in to his show. Truth hurts and Paul delivered just that when he said CDD was one of the worst coaches in SEC history.

VN Store

Back