Receivers

Mason72

Vol Fan not a UK Fan.. vg
Seems our receivers are playing more physical.. It was obvious on some of the Pass Interference calls when they ripped through the holds and still made grabs.. If we getter better each week we are going to have one hell of a team by the end of OCT.. No crazy predictions.. Just all VOL and hopeful for some upsets.

Reactions: 3 people
Seems our receivers are playing more physical.. It was obvious on some of the Pass Interference calls when they ripped through the holds and still made grabs.. If we getter better each week we are going to have one hell of a team by the end of OCT.. No crazy predictions.. Just all VOL and hopeful for some upsets.

Was impressed with Josh Smith on the play you mentioned....was being raped by the DB that drew a pi, yet he still caught the ball. Was also impressed by Croom's catches, seemed much more fluid and comfortable. Also, Malone made 2 nice catches in traffic on a couple slant routes. As a group they looked good on Sunday and will only get much, much better. Can't wait til the 50-60 yd bomb for 6 happens to North, Malone or Pearson....soon.

Reactions: 3 people
Really talented group that somehow struggled to get separation from one of the worst secondaries in the nation.

Receivers are or will soon be the strength of the team. Our offense should largely be focused on creating one-on-one match ups for receivers and then getting that receiver the ball. That's how we need to make hay as an offense: Get the ball to the receiver getting single coverage. In North, Pearson and Malone, and the emergence of a talented TE or two, we have weapons. We must use them.

I will make one prediction about this team, barring injury to key players, this team will go undefeated in November. That is all.

Reactions: 1 person
We have some VN posters who were sort of down on young Mr. Croom before the season started. My best recollection is he had two come his way this past weekend and caught both of 'em. I went to public elementary and secondary school and seems to me that would be 100%. The crow thread remains open for those who need to use it.

Reactions: 1 person
Really talented group that somehow struggled to get separation from one of the worst secondaries in the nation.

That's ridiculous you don't complete 70% of your passes if your receivers are not open. Sometimes it looked different from reality because Worley still takes to long to get the ball out giving DB's time to recover and Worley's passes are rarely right on the money allowing receivers to keep running through the catch.

Worley threw for 273 yds behind a rebuilt offensive line that struggled to protect him for much of the night which forced him to throw too early before the WRs had finished the route. That's why it didn't look like they were getting separation. On most passing plays, if Worley had an extra 1/2 to full second more to throw, it would have been a different story altogether. Plus, Bajakian wanted to keep the game plan simple for the O, thus a lot of those screen passes to the wideout to get yards after the catch. Did you even watch the game?

You think the grabbing and holding on our WRs in that game was bad, wait until UF comes to town.

Agree, i remember several years ago when FLs DBs actually all wore white gloves when we played down there in our storm troopers, hoping that their hands would blend in with our jerseys so holding wouldn't be so obvious. Finally Vern or some other announcer noticed it.... crazy....

VN Store

Back