Four Vols Return From Injury

VolnJC

Saulsberry's return now gives us a full DT rotation

3. SAULSBERRY STEAK. There were several significant players back on the practice field, though, perhaps none bigger — literally or figuratively — than junior defensive tackle Trevarris Saulsberry, who missed the first three games of this season after aggravating a previous knee injury. Saulsberry was dressed in full pads and a full-go for practice, and he seemed to be moving around OK, albeit with at least a healthy amount of rust. Regardless, his return is big, big news for Tennessee.

———————————————
entire article
Fast Five: Tennessee Vols football Tuesday practice

Freshman tight end Ethan Wolf returned in full pads for Tennessee's Tuesday practice on Haslam Field. (GoVols247 photo)

4. MANY MORE RETURNS. Saulsberry was far from the only major addition to the active, full-go squad Tuesday. Freshman tailback Derrell Scott (foot), freshman starting tight end Ethan Wolf (knee) and freshman defensive end Dewayne Hendrix (undisclosed) were all dressed in full pads and practicing with contact Tuesday. Wolf still had a big brace on his injured knee but continues to look better and better every day, leaving very little question as to his availability for the Georgia game. He should be fine

Last edited:
Reactions: 45 people
That's huge as we can now rotate 5 or 6 DTs in to stay fresh (O'Brien, Williams, Williams, Mixon, Saulsberry and maybe Sawyers)

Reactions: 5 people
That's huge as we can now rotate 5 or 6 DTs in to stay fresh (O'Brien, Williams, Williams, Mixon, Saulsberry and maybe Sawyers)

Saulsberry better step up.... those DTs he will be rotating with are playing well right now. Better shake off the rust quickly.

Reactions: 1 person
jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Can't wait to see what Scott brings to the offense.

Do you think he would have scored on Hurd's 43 yard run Saturday night? As impressive as Hurd's run was (set up by some outstanding blocking - textbook in fact), I think he may have. Scott looks to be a step faster but I haven't seen their times.

Do you think he would have scored on Hurd's 43 yard run Saturday night? As impressive as Hurd's run was (set up by some outstanding blocking - textbook in fact), I think he may have. Scott looks to be a step faster but I haven't seen their times.

I believe Scott will be one of the best players on the offense, sooner than later. I don't know if he would've scored on that play - maybe.

Hurd is fast as heck, he's just so tall that it doesn't seem that way. There are not many defenses that have the speed Oklaholding has. I do think that, if it had been against 75% of the defenses on our schedule, Hurd would've went to the house on that play .

I bet he has a 40-50+ yard TD against Uga. Hopefully we don't let Chubbey/Gurl do the same thing.

I believe Scott will be one of the best players on the offense, sooner than later. I don't know if he would've scored on that play - maybe.

Hurd is fast as heck, he's just so tall that it doesn't seem that way. There are not many defenses that have the speed Oklaholding has. I do think that, if it had been against 75% of the defenses on our schedule, Hurd would've went to the house on that play .

I bet he has a 40-50+ yard TD against Uga. Hopefully we don't let Chubbey/Gurl do the same thing.

Hurd is the fastest guy on the team, besides possibly Sutton, he runs a legitimate 4.3, Scott is a 4.5 but is more shifty

VN Store

Back