What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Georgia Bulldogs Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Georgia message boards are everywhere, but frustratingly most of them require a membership. Luckily I was able to get some log-in info from a couple of Georgia buddies and surf around so I've been able to get in my research. Here's what the few among the Georgia faithful who know the alphabet are saying regarding Saturdays game against the Vols.

-I'm going to start off by seriously giving Worley his due props. The first thread I came across that talked about Saturday's game against us said "We're going to have to score 40 on them, Worley is going to carve up our secondary like a Thanksgiving Turkey." I never thought I would see anyone say that about Justin Worley. Just shows how much of a threat he's become.

-They believe (and rightfully so) that pressuring Worley is the key to victory in this one. Basing this off the Oklahoma game, obviously.

-Apparently there is a lot of aggression towards UT after last year's game in Neyland. They credit UT with "ruining their season" with both the injuries we caused and the shot we gave to their confidence after they barely survived us.

-It certainly felt like every post I read ended with "but they'll never stop Gurley"

-Georgia fans are in the mindset they are going to win out. They generally are not impressed with Auburn after the K-State game and they believe they don't have any true tests left except MAYBE Mizzou on the road.

-They are as upset as we are about the noon kickoff.

-I see a lot of major concerns regarding their secondary. They seem to have a lot of respect for our receiving corp and they don't think their DB's will fare too well against them.

-There is a thread titled "Tennessee always brings their A game" saying they will need to show up and the fans will need to show up to win this one.

-The general theme regarding us from a good portion their fans is that we are better than anyone thought we would be this year. They seem to have a good amount of respect for our defense, namely our D-line/LB's.

-There is a thread regarding their rivals and there was no mention of UT. Mostly Auburn, UF, and Ga Tech. At first this surprised me but then I remembered they probably wouldn't make our short list of rivals either.

-In regards to the "pressure Worley" talk, they certainly seem to think highly of their own D-line. They speak about pressuring Worley in kind of a "They thought Oklahoma was all over Worley? Just wait until Saturday" kind of talk.

-General score predictions have them winning big and us scoring a surprisingly low number of points. Mostly them scoring in the 40's and us scoring in the teens.

-They do however seem to think the opening line is way too high just like most of us do

-I learned on their boards that SEC Now will be in Athens. Just a heads up to everyone because I wasn't aware of that.

-Interesting tidbit I picked up. Apparently the last time UGA was favored over UT by 17 (what the current line has moved to now) was in 2004, and we beat them in Athens.

-It's very odd the things they are taking pride in. They are taking pride in the noon time slot, saying it favors the home team. They are taking pride in their crowd, saying they will be up and loud for this game (if you've ever seen their adorable little stadium you will appreciate the irony) and they are taking pride in Richt "always knowing how to deal with Tennessee." It's interesting because honestly there is a lot to take pride in if you're a Georgia fan, but IMO, noon time slots, their baby stadium, and Richt aren't among them.

-They all seem to like Hutson Mason but apparently they feel he has no deep ball whatsoever.

-The respect for Worley and our offense is there, but they don't think we will be able to run the ball whatsoever.

-Regardless of the respect they give our defense, they still refer to Clemson as the best defense they will face this season.

-They don't think Hurd is good. They keep referring to him as a "bust" for UT.

-More Worley/LB respect:
This on paper is the biggest delta there is. Gurley/Chubb/Sony are great, but they do have very good LB.
Our pass rush should be a nightmare for them. If it is not, expect a long night and Worley to throw for 375.

-I thought this was a good analysis:
Defense:
We know our secondary cant cover their WR
We know that our OLB will be a problem for their VERY green LT and RT.
What we dont know is whether or not we can stop Hurd/Lane with 7 in the box. If we can, we will let loose 84 and 59. If they can run the ball they will have to respect their run assignments, which then gives their QB more time, and we know we cannot cover their stud WR core.
The domino effect of them establishing the run should scare US.
The domino effect of them not being able to establish the run should scare THEM.
All else i think we have a good handle on other than turnovers, etc. Mason simply cannot make any. He does not make enough plays to turn it over. He has to be flawless.

-Liked this one too
They are not nearly as week as you say.
Worley is weak? I wish i saw that last year. he had a career day vs us.
TE is weak? UT fans will tell you Wolf is for real. They are correct. That kid can play.
RB aint great, but not bad.
OL is weak. Granted.
WR at full strength are the best unit in the SEC. As they are, they are still very good, and we have no way of covering them.

In summary, I usually try to look for the best in the opposing teams' fanbases. Honestly, the bottom line is the majority of Georgia fans are delusional. The way they talk about this game you would think they've beaten us by 30+ the last few years in a row. The average score prediction I saw really was about 45-17. Regardless of the fact that I've seen some props handed to UT by them, the majority of the UGA faithful seem to truly think they are going to steamroll us with ease.

They tie up the series with a win Saturday, we really need to put them back in their rightful place of mediocrity in the SEC.

GBO.

Reactions: 85 people
Thanks for doing this as usual.

Seem like a level minded group. Looking forward to the game. UT will make it competitive. Hopefully can pull the big upset.

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you for this. I've been trying to read those sites all day (instead of working of course) and had no luck getting inside.

Reactions: 2 people
Those Georgia fans you've quoted, I've never met one like that. The ones I've met are all delusional idiots.

Reactions: 17 people
He hasn't really been amazing at making his own yards though. Thats what 5* running backs do. Even as Freshman. But its still way too early to tell..

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd is not a bust. He's a freshman with a shaky o-line that has been given a tremendous amount of responsibility

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
Is it just me or does anyone else always look at Georgia and go Meh. They are like the girl in class that you can't tell if she is hot or not. With the right light she isn't too bad but all to often you see her in the wrong light and quickly dismiss her.

Anywho..Crompton torched them a few years back so I can't see why Worley shouldn't be able to do well this weekend.

Reactions: 3 people
He hasn't really been amazing at making his own yards though. Thats what 5* running backs do. Even as Freshman. But its still way too early to tell..

he?..who/..hurd?...wtf...watch the last half of the ok game.....80 yards....2 plays, maybe three...some one correct me if i am wrong please. hurd now knows he can run and make up yards as he goes. its only three games in.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he is beginning to run more relaxed with a little more swag. I can imagine that the advice he got was one cut and get positive yardage as a rookie. I think he has been running tight. Once he starts figuring out he not only belongs but is better than most, he will show out in a game coming soon. Hope it's this weekend. Go Hurd, and go VOLS!

Reactions: 14 people
Is it just me or does anyone else always look at Georgia and go Meh. They are like the girl in class that you can't tell if she is hot or not. With the right light she isn't too bad but all to often you see her in the wrong light and quickly dismiss her.

Anywho..Crompton torched them a few years back so I can't see why Worley shouldn't be able to do well this weekend.
Good thing for us those defensive coaches are now on your team. Maybe Hutson Mason will look like a Heisman QB after Saturday.

Good thing for us those defensive coaches are now on your team. Maybe Hutson Mason will look like a Heisman QB after Saturday.

Yep was going to say the same thing.. good to know that that willie and jancek are coaching for the vols.. Hutson should have a monster game.

Yep was going to say the same thing.. good to know that that willie and jancek are coaching for the vols.. Hutson should have a monster game.

Jancek and Martinez have done wonders for our defense. There is an endless amount of reasons that defensive coaches may do poorly under one head coach and do well under another. Maybe Richt had a different football philosophy than Willie/Jancek did, maybe his style was vastly different than theirs and Butch fits more to their style.

Georgia wasn't any better on defense, especially in the secondary under Grantham, and even bringing in a home run DC hire like Pruitt doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe Georgia's D problems are all on Richt and that's why Martinez and Jancek are thriving now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
They think they're gonna beat us by 28.... yet they also believe the line is too high at 17? Math is hard.

That being said, sounds like the ones you cited gave some pretty level-headed analysis of our situation. Well, with the exception of that thought on Hurd. How is a true freshman, in his 3rd collegiate game, on the road vs the number 1 team in the country, who has 125 total yds on 15 touches.... how is that kid a bust? I'm sure that's just them being "proud" of their 2 stud freshman RBs and trying to make him sound worse so that they sound better. Hopefully Hurd will give them some things to think about/reconsider on Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
Jancek and Martinez have done wonders for our defense. There is an endless amount of reasons that defensive coaches may do poorly under one head coach and do well under another. Maybe Richt had a different football philosophy than Willie/Jancek did, maybe his style was vastly different than theirs and Butch fits more to their style.

Georgia wasn't any better on defense, especially in the secondary under Grantham, and even bringing in a home run DC hire like Pruitt doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe Georgia's D problems are all on Richt and that's why Martinez and Jancek are thriving now.

Exactly....Jancek will do his talking Saturday.

VN Store

Back