How many yards....

JohnMcA60

Does Todd Gurley get and how many yards does Hutson Mason pass for? Just wanna know what everyone thinks on this. I think Gurley gets 110 and Mason around 200 yards.
Also interested what you think the score will be. Go Vols

Does Todd Gurley get and how many yards does Hutson Mason pass for? Just wanna know what everyone thinks on this. I think Gurley gets 110 and Mason around 200 yards.
Also interested what you think the score will be. Go Vols

If that happens , I feel pretty good about our chances.

Reactions: 1 person
Gurley gets 70 yards and a big headache from AJ! I feel it will be close but we win😀

I say Gurley gets -9 yards. After the first series of trying to run 3 straight and AJ stuffing him for -3 each time, he pulls himself out of the game and fakes an injury.

Reactions: 2 people
I wanna see a Eric Berry-Knowshon Moreno collision when AJ meets TG. It's UGA's turn for a few high ankle sprains and pains. Vols win 31-28. Gurley 86 yards. Mason 216 passing.

Gurley gets at least 140.

We win if the OL can hold their blocks and we force turnovers.

Gurley will get his. He is just too good of a player and it really is just about containing more than stopping him. Granted it would be nice to hold him under 100 yards and I think that would be a win for our defense if we did. Still not too impressed with their QB though. Hes only thrown for 419 and 4 TDs so far and he hasnt thrown any picks yet so I think he is due for a couple. I think our DBs, especially Cam, could force some turnovers if the D-line can get some pressure on him.

We don't only have to hold down Gurley , we also have to contain Chubb and Michel. They will have a fresh set of legs in at all times . I say the trio rushes for 230 ad Mason is in the 175 -180 range .........Score is like 38-20

Gurley gets around 150. Mason throws for around 200.

Vols lose 31-24

UGA rushing attack is, I think, the best non option/read-option style ground game in the country.

They establish the run and throw off that with play action extremely effectively. The plan is to try and stop that, I just don't think we can all game long.

The best chance is to get ahead early, make them sweat and think they have to throw it more. If they stick to the above gameplan, they are really really hard to stop. We have to make them change their game.

Gurley 145 yards and 2tds

Mason 92 yards 0tds and 2 picks

Vols Win 21-17

Ok I may be dreamin on this score but "I got a feeling about this one". I think Worley and Hurd will both have great days especially if Hurd can get into the secondary a few times. The O-Line grew up a lot in the last game.

We're going to stop Gurley and hold him to 80 yds Bo Jackson style. Mason will throw for 175 yds and 2 ints with one being a pick 6 and be sacked 4 times. We will rush for 200 yds surprising everyone. Worley will throw for 225 yds and 3 scores and we show everyone Tennessee has finally risen and is ready to feast on the East. Vols win big 38-20 and reverse the spread

Gurley is not the only (very good) RB they have. Seems like everyone starts threads on the premise of "if we stop Gurley we win". I think Gurley has a good day, unfortunately, about 160. I think Michel adds another 50 or so. Both may score. I think we also get our shots at their secondary with some quick passes, but we're gonna have to block really well. I like our secondary's chances against Mason to force an INT or two.

Final score, UGA 34-UT 20

Also, remember, UGA is playing for "revenge" since they barely escaped from Neyland last season, and additionally, they can't afford another loss, ESPECIALLY in the conference. I look for them to try and pile on as many points as possible to make a "statement" to the playoff selection committee that they're more than capable and an appropriate selection for the playoffs.

We don't only have to hold down Gurley , we also have to contain Chubb and Michel. They will have a fresh set of legs in at all times . I say the trio rushes for 230 ad Mason is in the 175 -180 range .........Score is like 38-20

You are as sharp as it gets but I think the three headed monster gets closer to 300 rushing yards between them and Mason goes for 180-200. I think your score is close since I picked 38-17 Dawgs

VN Store

Back