What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Florida Gators Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
It's certainly a different mood than past years on the UF message boards. A lot of arguing, frustration, etc. It certainly feels like the fanbase will be completely checked out if we can end the streak this weekend. Here's what the Florida faithful are saying about the upcoming matchup in Neyland.

-"Checker Neyland" is circulating around their boards so they are making a push to make sure everyone wears blue.

-They refer to the current state of the program as "The Muschamp Curse". I'm serious when I say it's bad over there. They really really want him gone.

-One thing I find interesting about Florida fans is that they discuss all Florida schools in length. I think it's kind of a "pride in your state" kind of thing. They keep very close tabs on FSU, USF, FAU, MIA, etc.

Hope Josh Smith sits out next week too.

^Who ever thought they would read this on a Florida message board?

Think they gotta true freshman coming in next year. Worley is awful

^ I don't..... I don't know what to say about this.

-Same story different team, they believe the key is pressuring Worley. No respect for our O-line and they seem to think their front 7 is All-World.

-Aside from the lone random Worley comment, the majority of them think Worley is going to pick their secondary apart.

-They are referring to this as THE must-win game for them this year.

-It's not going to happen, but they are desperately wanting a QB change for this game. In part due to the respect they have for our secondary. I've seen a lot of "Cam Sutton will have a field day with Driskel" kind of talk.

-Everyone across all of their boards seems to refer to Muschamp as "Chimp"

-I don't know where this came from, but there is a poster on one of their boards that apparently lives here in Knox. He said "Every UT fan I've talked to here in Knoxville agrees UT is worse than last year, and we beat them last year"............. ???

-They think they will run all over our D-line "because Gurley did"

-To them this game is all about coaching. They believe they are more talented, but they believe our coaching to be much better. Again this falls back on the Muschamp hate, but they do seem to have a lot of respect for Butch.

-Fair analysis:

Hopefully that stud receiver they got Pearson is still hurt. Hurd was really impressive. Our DL needs to bring it. UT's OL is truly truly awful. Worley also has a hurt elbow although I'm sure he still starts. It's gonna be a real toss up game. Hopefully we're the underdogs again like in 2012 and we come in and break their heart.

I don't think they were underdogs in 2012 however.

-There's a thread devoted to Hurd where he's getting a lot of respect. The thread opened with a poster saying he is a bit slow, but then it was consistent posts of how good he is. Being compared to Eddie George again.

-The few remaining Muschamp supporters are basically saying they are done if they lose Saturday.

-There's a thread titled "This isn't good" and posts a link to the stat showing we are #1 in the country in 3rd down stops. However, I think they don't really understand the concept, because this was the first response:

Yes their QB is quite impressive. If we can stop the run and put good pressure on him we have a good chance, if not trouble will be ours.

-General score predictions have Florida winning a close one by 3.

-Regarding our game yesterday, I'm seeing a lot more talk regarding how unimpressive Georgia looked than I am regarding how good we looked.

-They are not happy about the noon kickoff. They are taking it as more disrespectful to them than disrespectful to the rivalry itself.

In summary, for the most part I have never seen a more defeated fanbase besides maybe Vandy's at this point. The ones predicting us to win are predicting us to win big. Even though the majority predicts a close Gator win, I've seen a few predictions that have us blowing them out by 20+. Let's hope those come true, it would be great to end the streak with a blowout.

GBO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
I know this really isn't about the post. But I can't start a thread because of low post (long time reader of volnation, first month member) but I am going to the Florida game and was wondering if there was a chart of what color to wear depending on what section you are in, like what OK had? Does anyone know if there is a chart for this? I have see the picture but I'd like it to be offical, ya know? Ha I guess if there is not one I'll just bring two shirts

Reactions: 3 people
I know this really isn't about the post. But I can't start a thread because of low post (long time reader of volnation, first month member) but I am going to the Florida game and was wondering if there was a chart of what color to wear depending on what section you are in, like what OK had? Does anyone know if there is a chart for this? I have see the picture but I'd like it to be offical, ya know? Ha I guess if there is not one I'll just bring two shirts

Look on the stickies. CheckerNeyland

These kids are playing like a 15-25 ranked team right now. We could beat several of the teams that fall in that ranking range. I can't wait to see this team as they get more confidence and game speed experience. We will not lose to another SEC East team this year if Worley stays healthy. The gameCOCKS are not going to show us anything better than we have seen out of Georgia or OU. Ole Miss better bring their A game too...putting them on upset alert right now. Butch>Freeze and he needs to prove it to the Memphis area...and the recruits out of that area. Go Vols!

Last edited:
I live near Orlando (behind enemy lines) and most gator fans I know, which is quite a few, are either neutral on Muschamp or want him gone. Most want him gone and if it means losing to the Big Orange and other teams this season, they are OK with that for the long run. Gator nation or village or club is just like the team, divided and frustrated. Many of them thought they would turn it around this season, but that obviously hasn't happened. We need to make them pay this year. I want to fly my car flags all week after the game! #VFL

Just think how far Mr. Worley has come since the Florida game last year

The 2nd half of the Florida game was when Worley got a little respect around here. Many, many posters said if he had started rather than Peterman that we would've won then. I'm not one of them, but he was clearly a massive upgrade at qb when he came in.

Florida has a lot of talent along the front 7 and their secondary is better than UGA's. Their not ALL SEC by any means but it will take another strong effort by the offense with somewhat unpredictable play calling.

The Tennessee OL will need to gel and play like a seasoned unit very soon. UT is about to get into the difficult part of the schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks, good stuff yet again. I can't wait until Worley lights them up!

The 2nd half of the Florida game was when Worley got a little respect around here. Many, many posters said if he had started rather than Peterman that we would've won then. I'm not one of them, but he was clearly a massive upgrade at qb when he came in.

We would have won I believe if Worley started that game. Peterman was awful just the same as Saturday

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing I agree with is the issue over the kickoff time. It should be the night game. Plain and simple.

Atleast it's in the eastern time zone. I've attended 11:00 AM games in the central time zone. It's like attending your son's morning soccer game.

VN Store

Back