Swain Event

thevorlon

As someone who has not listened to Swain much can anyone quickly explain what the backstory is to his "for what??" sound byte that he plays all the time?

As someone who has not listened to Swain much can anyone quickly explain what the backstory is to his "for what??" sound byte that he plays all the time?

I've not heard it, but I'd guess it's the "Third Down For What" adaptation of a famous rapper's song. They play it at home games.

Also, better get your flame suit on.

I've not heard it, but I'd guess it's the "Third Down For What" adaptation of a famous rapper's song. They play it at home games.

Also, better get your flame suit on.

Lol. No he's been doing it for a couple of years

Its Swains version of the Monday night NFL "cmon man" slogan if that helps. Maybe they do it on Sundays. Hell I cant remember.

Its one of my favorite parts of the show it's where he and Seth make fun of people that act stupid..... Like pulling for Vanderbilt " for what"

Swain was talking to another former player and Swain told the guy about the team running 52 110s. Dude said "For what!". He's Been using it as a segment ever since.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Swain but that for what is stupid. I have not had a chance to listen to his new show but is Seth Stokes with him on air ?

Swain and Stokes are awesome! Both are as Orange as it gets and put out a great show everyday. They are just 2 young guys trying to make a living on their own terms while covering the team they both Love. If you can't support and respect that then I feel sorry for you.
(This wasn't aimed at anyone posting on this thread, just for comments from the past)

Reactions: 5 people
Big fan of the show, but the app drives me bat crap crazy.

I love the new app, the old one use to get on my nerves. The new app has the hot keys that are funny as heII. You are right, Swain's show is really good and is bottom line, the best sports radio show in Ktown.

Go Vols

I love the new app, the old one use to get on my nerves. The new app has the hot keys that are funny as heII. You are right, Swain's show is really good and is bottom line, the best sports radio show in Ktown.

Go Vols

How to get or link to app please

Love swain, best radio in Knoxville by far.

I agree. It's a shame the entire TSR bunch couldn't stay together and get on an FM station. Since TSR went down, I've listened to 99.1 sporadically and am reminded what a joke the Sports Animal is. The only decent segment they have is 4 o'clock on Thursday afternoons when they talk to Coach Majors. A two year old monkey could do better than Doc, Jeff, and Heather. Josh, Will, and Jimmy Hyams act like they are God's gift to broadcasting. Very sad. Jason and Seth, hang in there.

I like Swain but that for what is stupid. I have not had a chance to listen to his new show but is Seth Stokes with him on air ?

If you are talking about the 10-15 minute long 'for what' segment where they talk about crap current events - I agree 100%. When that segment pops up, I'm out.

Stokes is still on air and I think that they've done a really good job recently of recognizing how to play off of each other's strengths. IMO the show has improved a lot over the past two months.

Swain and Stokes are awesome! Both are as Orange as it gets and put out a great show everyday. They are just 2 young guys trying to make a living on their own terms while covering the team they both Love. If you can't support and respect that then I feel sorry for you.
(This wasn't aimed at anyone posting on this thread, just for comments from the past)

Preach on. :good!:

GO VOLS!

I stream it every morning here in Charlotte, they've got a few kinks they need to work out, but it definitely helps me feel more plugged in. There's a few things in the show that I could do without, but for the most part they're doing a really good job and I hope they keep it up. :good!:

VN Store

Back