The Official Tennessee @ #3 Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:00pm ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 3-3 (0-2 SEC)

cameron-sutton-ncaa-football-chattanooga-tennessee.jpg

@

#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 6-0 (3-0 SEC)

bo-wallace-ncaa-football-chick-fil-a-kickoff-game-boise-state-vs-mississippi.jpg

7:00 PM ET, October 18, 2014
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS

Weather: Hi: 77°F/Lo: 54°F/ Precip: 0%
Line: UT +16.5
O/U: 46.5

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 84/XM Ch. 84
Online: Watch ESPN

Reactions: 3 people
Saturday's game marks the 65th meeting between Tennessee and Ole Miss (UT leads series, 44-19-1).

The Vols won the last meeting between the two schools, a 52-14 victory in Knoxville on Nov. 13, 2010.

Despite the series beginning in 1902, this week's game marks the fifth time UT has made the trip to Oxford (2009, 2004, 1988, 1951), the Vols are 3-1 in those games.

The Vols lost in their last trip to Oxford, a 42-17 loss in 2009. Tennessee had previously won a series high-tying 12 consecutive games over Ole Miss from 1984-2005.

Ole Miss is ranked entering a game vs. Tennessee for the first time since 1990.

Since losing eight in a row to Ole Miss from 1959-66, UT is 21-8 in the series.

Vols are seeking first win vs. a Top 3 team since beating #3 Georgia 19-14 in Athens (10/9/04).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Snap a seven-game losing streak to SEC West opponents since 2011 while marking the first road win over a ranked team since defeating #10 Georgia 51-33 in Athens on Oct. 7, 2006.

Mark UT’s first win over a Top 3 team since a 19-14 win at Georgia on Oct. 9, 2004. Also, a win would rep- resent the first road win over a team ranked in the top five since a 30-27 win at #4 LSU on Sept. 26, 2005.

Give Tennessee a 4-3 record through seven games for the second consecutive year following five con- secutive years from 2008-12 in which the Vols were no better than 3-4 through its first seven games.

Mark the 14th win in the last 15 games vs. Ole Miss while also giving UT wins in two out of three SEC road games for the first time since 2007 (Won at Mississippi State, Lost at Alabama, Won at Kentucky)

Last edited:
I may not be reserved, but I'm here and ready! Let's win the toss, then the game!

This is the first time this year where I feel like we have no chance of winning this game, which means we will probably win this game. Go Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
This will be a history making upset!!!!!!!

Got to feel a positive vibe for the team. They are due for a game to play beyond what we expect and this would be the perfect one. I now feel like we beat Bama next week if we do not lose anyone to injury and they keep playing like they hae the last 2 wekks.

GBO BEAT OLE MISS.

I BELIEVE

I'm gonna pretend like Ed Orgeron is still there.

I really hope we beat Ole Miss and Ed Orgeron.

No negavols present so far... its early I guess. I'm not going to go into tomorrow with high expectations, can't stand getting hopes up and getting them crushed again. I'm excited to see how we do though, should be a good game. Not sure I wanna see this thread if it gets outta hand tomorrow though.... it will be negative overload....But for now GBO!

inspecting.gif

Last edited:
We will win tomorrow.

And by tomorrow I mean today.

Or by tomorrow I mean we will flip Drew Richmond on Sunday despite a loss.

Or maybe we'll just get a sweet moral victory.

Regardless, we're leaving Oxford with some type of win.

lol, no homo

cant wait till Mckenzie tweet about him running around naked with a T on his chest..:)

lol..no homo

VN Store

Back