Just watched CBJ after game press conf.

FLSTF-VOL

Blood runs ORANGE!
I just watched it and I think everyone here should. Couple of things I took away from it are that he knows we have serious problems on the Oline and he really does understand what he is in for. I can tell from how he is speaking that its hurting him. One of the better lines I heard him say was "I'm not used to this". At the same time I think the realization of what it takes to be successful in the SEC is setting in. A whole different animal.

I will admit that I am not the most patient person and I probably expect more than is reasonable. The thing I respect most about CBJ is that he expects us as fans to hold him accountable. I really like the guy, I think he really does get it. It needs to start translating to the field pretty soon though.

If you didn't see the link in the other thread here its is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEzlcZrUSRM&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: 21 people
I just watched it and I think everyone here should. Couple of things I took away from it are that he knows we have serious problems on the Oline and he really does understand what he is in for. I can tell from how he is speaking that its hurting him. One of the better lines I heard him say was "I'm not used to this". At the same time I think the realization of what it takes to be successful in the SEC is setting in. A whole different animal.

I will admit that I am not the most patient person and I probably expect more than is reasonable. The thing I respect most about CBJ is that he expects us as fans to hold him accountable. I really like the guy, I think he really does get it. It needs to start translating to the field pretty soon though.

If you didn't see the link in the other thread here its is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEzlcZrUSRM&feature=youtu.be

Great coach! Give him a few years He is the man

Reactions: 54 people
Well, he's the coach that continues to punt on 4th & short in the opps side / a lead only to watch Darr miff the punt & the wheels come off his team. He's done it at UGA, UF, & UM. He's not willing to take the chances early to steal possessions or pts. Not saying it changes the outcomes, but the conservative play calling when we have the momentum certainly hasn't worked either.

Reactions: 15 people
I won't start doubting this guy unless we don't go to a bowl next year. Get one this year and he's here for the long haul. He still has my support 100%

Reactions: 48 people
Well, he's the coach that continues to punt on 4th & short in the opps side / a lead only to watch Darr miff the punt & the wheels come off his team. He's done it at UGA, UF, & UM. He's not willing to take the chances early to steal possessions or pts. Not saying it changes the outcomes, but the conservative play calling when we have the momentum certainly hasn't worked either.
With our OL, I'm not going for it on 4th and short either.

Try to pin them deep and let our legit defense maybe force a mistake.

Reactions: 51 people
With our OL, I'm not going for it on 4th and short either.

Try to pin them deep and let our legit defense maybe force a mistake.

Against the number 3 team in the nation? That's just stupid. Every play call should have been desperate! We should have attacked like a cornered wild animal.

Reactions: 6 people
He will live to regret not taking the Colorado job. The SEC is just too much for him to handle.

Stupid comment. I love coach Jones. Not a fan of the OC, but who am I to say that it isn't completely our o lines fault. I don't get paid to analyze football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Just who do you guys think is out there right now that would be able to win with what Dooley left? Malzahn? Hugh Freeze? I don't think even Nick Saban himself would be able to win with a below average QB and the current shape our O- line is in. Let's cut CBJ some slack before we run him off.

Reactions: 22 people
Coach Jones still has my support, 100%.

You cannot play 21 freshman, with a junior class that has lost 45% of its original members, a senior class that has lost 33% of its original members, a junior and senior class that has had to learn two offenses and three defenses, a offensive lineman with a torn ACL, two offensive linemen who were in high school last year, and expect to beat the #3 team in the country who has been recruiting and rebuilding for the last several years.

Get real people. Jones is the man for the job, and he will get it done. Might take some staff shuffling, sure.

But it's personnel. You cannot win in the SEC playing freshmen and sophomores. But the good thing about freshmen and sophomores is, they don't stay freshmen and sophomores.

If Jones can keep these players here, and can keep developing them, then if he doesn't have success you can call him a bad coach.

But he is working with what he has. And you can tell, he knows there are major issues, but like he said, there are no quick fixes. And half of you who are complaining couldn't do a better job. He said it like it is, you gotta just recruit, and you gotta keep working hard.

This team is not regressing, but the long and tough season is beginning to wear on them. Another drawback to playing youth. They are not used to the grind of SEC football.

I still think a bowl is possible. We are not anywhere off of what everyone thought we would be. Most people had Ole Miss as a toss up before we knew how good they really were. Very few people realistically expected a win tonight.

But there are still 3 more wins out there to be had, and I do believe that we can get them. I believe in Butch. Still think he's the best man to lead our team.

Reactions: 56 people
He will live to regret not taking the Colorado job. The SEC is just too much for him to handle.

Every winning college football program has peaks and valleys. We are no exception.

Notre Dame struggled since Lou Holtz left. Look at all of the coaches that they have gone through in those years. They are now a respectable team. IT takes time.

"O bama" struggled after Gene Stallings left. Mike DuBose, Mike Price, Mike Shula. Freddie Kitchens, Andrew Zow! Now they are winning championships both in the S.E.C. & on the National level.

USC struggled until Pete Carroll arrived. Then they had 3 Heisman trophy winners in a short time period and won a National Championship along the way and played in another one that they lost.

Oklahoma was down until Stoops arrived. Nebraska has been down since the mid 1990's.

If we keep bUTch, we will bounce back. We just need stability, an offensive line, good recruiting, and a little luck.

Reactions: 4 people
This has been said for a decade...

And the sheep continue to say it..

Its a bowl game or bust this yr. Dude is making 3m a year n can't win 6 games.. But he gets it.. What he gets is that the sec is unlike any league n that this isn't the big east.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

its practicly the same thing after every loss

We will see about that. Butch is in his second year. He is still playing the guys your guy Dooley left him. Come on man Dooley didn't even recruit O-linemen. I don't know of any of our O-line that can start for any other team in the SEC right now. But Butch has to play them because of the previous coach. We are playing 23 freshmen this year in the toughest conference in football. What do you expect. Butch will get it done.

Reactions: 3 people
And the sheep continue to say it..

Its a bowl game or bust this yr. Dude is making 3m a year n can't win 6 games.. But he gets it.. What he gets is that the sec is unlike any league n that this isn't the big east.

His style of coaching is better suited for the minor conferences. Wonder if our cheap AD will ever learn thier lesson on hiring small conference coaches?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back