Remarks from Ole Miss

UtahVol

Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.

Reactions: 29 people
He's a classy coach who shares a lot of CBJ's attributes. Hopefully BJ shows hes an equally good coach.

Reactions: 16 people
Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.

I guess they don't have the victory formation in their playbook.

Reactions: 27 people
Freeze had Bo Wallace throw a TD pass against Memphis with 78 seconds left in the game, up 17-3. So, probably best not to listen to coach speak.

Reactions: 7 people
This is nice but I am ready for everyone to hate us cause we whoop da ass and we do it with confidence and don't rube it in and talk about how great there program will be and how we have respect for them...

Reactions: 1 person
Ole Miss, and about 10 other teams, will be vying for a playoff spot when all is said and done. They'd be stupid not to score as much as possible. It is what it is.

These aren't 5-year-olds, and this ain't rec league. These are 18-22 year old men. They can handle it.

Reactions: 12 people

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in when CBJ came here in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42 people
Ole Miss, and about 10 other teams, will be vying for a playoff spot when all is said and done. They'd be stupid not to score as much as possible. It is what it is.

These aren't 5-year-olds, and this ain't rec league. These are 18-22 year old men. They can handle it.

Except margin of victory is not used by the playoff committee

Freeze is either lying or can't tell what formation his team is in. I don't care about the td necessarily but at least own your decision

Reactions: 3 people
If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot as we were in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 in all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.

Honest question-when did you say that Dooley needed to be fired? I know all posts can be looked up but just asking is much easier.

I for one am glad he did it. I think it just pi$$ed Butch off that much more. Motivation... that made it personal in my opinion. Money is good and all, but Butch is a competitor at heart, so this is just more fuel. Getting his tail whipped 2 years in a row is starting to get to him, and bring out his hate to lose personality. I've never seen his face redder than Saturday night, and it wasn't embarrassment.

Reactions: 5 people
I have no Ill will to Hugh Freeze. I see him as a guy who legitimately cherishes a division 1 SEC program to come get him. Some coaches like Charlie Strong complain about not getting a chance then bolt when given the opportunity. I see Freeze making the Rebels a contender in the West once in awhile for every 4 year recruiting classes coming through. So he will hang around for awhile. He seemed like a good guy on a SEC wives special the SEC network did. Bielema seemed like the guy everyone is going to dislike once he wins a game here or there.

Last edited:
Freeze had Bo Wallace throw a TD pass against Memphis with 78 seconds left in the game, up 17-3. So, probably best not to listen to coach speak.

Even though it's rare (especially for Memphis), 78 seconds is more than enough time to score two TD's. You never know what could happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Even though it's rare (especially for Memphis), 78 seconds is more than enough time to score two TD's. You never know what could happen.

They could have taken a knee and killed the clock. I'm pretty sure Memphis was out of TOs. In any event, throwing a 17 yard pass is a lot riskier if you are actually concerned with a miraculous comeback.

Did you see the look on his face, it was our job to stop a of tackle play, if he had dropped back and passed I would have a problem with it.

Freeze took a special shot at Tennessee in his explanation after the game by saying "we had our backup line in and wanted to get them some reps. frankly I didnt think they could score there"

Hell, that would piss me off more if I were playing than them scoring the damn TD.......

Honest question-when did you say that Dooley needed to be fired? I know all posts can be looked up but just asking is much easier.

Mid year in 2012. Once we lost to FL I knew we were in serious trouble. The problem with Dooley is his best staff members jumped shipped due to the KY loss. If that happens to CBJ then we will have a new coach come 2016. If CBJ lost Jancek after this year we are doomed.

Reactions: 4 people
They could have taken a knee and killed the clock. I'm pretty sure Memphis was out of TOs. In any event, throwing a 17 yard pass is a lot riskier if you are actually concerned with a miraculous comeback.

No, I had Memphis +21 and memphis had all 3 tos left but they were clearly content to let Ole Miss run out the clock since they didnt use any on the first or second down plays before that.

Frankly, i expected the Tennessee game to be alot like that one expect maybe Tennessee would score a TD. I didnt figure in the 4 turnovers that occur every week....

Reactions: 2 people

Classless and fake I've said it on here a few times.. If he apologized that's what makes it fake. If your gonna do it, do it Spurrier style and be a jerk about it. I respect Spurrier more for saying yea we were running it up. Freeze's apology has no merit.

After the Bama games Saban would always say Dooley was a good coach and had us going in the right direction. Don't believe the positive things other coaches say about our situation. Freeze directly recruits against us in the state of TN and he wants our program to stay in the gutter

No, I had Memphis +21 and memphis had all 3 tos left but they were clearly content to let Ole Miss run out the clock since they didnt use any on the first or second down plays before that.

Frankly, i expected the Tennessee game to be alot like that one expect maybe Tennessee would score a TD. I didnt figure in the 4 turnovers that occur every week....

Damn I bet you were sweating that one out haha. In any event, Freeze tried to run the score up on both Memphis and UT. It is what it is. Both defenses should have stopped him, but to act like it was an accident I think is ridiculous.

VN Store

Back