TD Drought

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Should the unthinkable happen Saturday, when was the last time Tennessee failed to score a touchdown in three consecutive SEC games?

It wasn't without a TD but we had a 3 game stretch in 2008 where we only scored a combined total of 22 points (Alabama, SC and Wyoming). I would say that offense was just as bad as what we have now.

Reactions: 2 people
It wasn't without a TD but we had a 3 game stretch in 2008 where we only scored a combined total of 22 points (Alabama, SC and Wyoming). I would say that offense was just as bad as what we have now.

This offense has a pretty good passing game if Worley's given time. Run game blows though. Hurd would have about 700 yards right now with better blocking and play calling imo.

Also, in Doug Dickey's first season in 1964 we were shut out in 3 SEC games (Auburn, Ole Miss and Vandy) and held to 3 points in another (LSU which amazingly we tied - they were 7th in the nation) but they weren't consecutively.

Last edited:
Should the unthinkable happen Saturday, when was the last time Tennessee failed to score a touchdown in three consecutive SEC games?

I think we went 2 consecutive games without a TD in SEC play in 2011. Not sure about 3 though.

Would not want to be the first offense to suffer that distinction. Maybe this will serve as a little extra motivation, even if the score gets out of hand.

I think we went 2 consecutive games without a TD in SEC play in 2011. Not sure about 3 though.

No, we managed 7 points against both LSU and Arkansas, to flank the 6 and 3 point outings vs Alabama and South Carolina.

Also, in Doug Dickey's first season in 1964 we were shut out in 3 SEC games (Auburn, Ole Miss and Vandy) and held to 3 points in another (LSU which amazingly we tied - they were 7th in the nation) but they weren't consecutively.

I think UT average 5 PPG in SEC play that season. Sad.

Yes. We only scored 6 vs Alabama and then followed that up with only 3 vs South Carolina. The Alabama game was preceded by a 7 point explosion vs LSU so I can't find 3 in a row without a TD...but 2011 also included that 7 point performance vs Kentucky. So, Dooley gets the award.

We actually scored TDs in every game in 2008, just missed a bunch of conversions.

When I was watching the game, I thought the Oline for the first three quarters improved significantly. Stats didn't agree with my "Lying Eyes."

We have to establish the run game, so these yahoos won't pin their ears back every play. It was better with Hurd but certainly not enough.

What happened to our TEs this month? Are they blocking every down? Maybe we should swap out a WR or two with TEs so we can run and pass. I'm all for a jumbo package to wear down the DL.

We need a "St Louis Rams vs Seattle Seahawks" game plan complete with no less than 4 trick plays.

Our Last TD in an SEC game:

USATSI_8109543-650x342.jpg

Worley's beautiful pass to North in the endzone in the Fourth Quarter against UGA to bring the vols within 3 with 2:43 left.

That's was the Clawfense, and that's what led to Fulmer's demise.

That's was the Clawfense, and that's what led to Fulmer's demise.

If we don't get to the cheggarboards this weekend, Coach Jake will deserve a new moniker. That's an ugly stat, if we don't score.

Worse: Sal's D or this year's O?

VN Store

Back