here is our turning point

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
First, I love CBJ, but I think this is the moment that can change it for the good or bad. We still have 4 winnable games in my opinion. After this past Saturday, if he can rally this team and make a bowl there is no doubt he'll bring us back. The bad scenario would be the team give up after that bad loss. I think he can coach, and if he can hold and rally our guys, we're going bowling. That would be a lot better than the team falling apart and losing our coach and starting over.

Reactions: 3 people
My concern is the D has been bringing it all season with no.real help from the offense. I hope they dont give it up too.

Reactions: 8 people
Considering the starting point, second year is too early to assess long term potential. Y'all simply have no concept of patience. Gonna be a couple more years before we know for sure. Hang in there or hang with another team.

Reactions: 18 people
Judging cbj's career off of this game is a horrible idea.

Didn't mean it like that, but can he get them to keep fighting after that loss. I don't want him to lose the team like in Florida's case. I think he's on the right track, I can be patient. Will those who matter? That's my concern.

The turning point will be when the our staff starts winning the battle of the X's and O's in SEC games. Youth and inexperience of the staff plays a part here as well. You saw the Ole Miss staff go right at Mosley when he came in the game, BAMM TD. Spurrier used to do the same thing to Fulmer, it was like the tortoise and the hare.

Reactions: 5 people
Didn't mean it like that, but can he get them to keep fighting after that loss. I don't want him to lose the team like in Florida's case. I think he's on the right track, I can be patient. Will those who matter? That's my concern.

If by that you mean the season ticket holders and donor group, I believe they are patient. Those who sit around me are well aware that rebuilding does not equal 1 1/2 years.

No one in their right mind should want to start over, UT has too much invested in this staff to just buy them out at the end of this season or next. They should be given at least until this current freshman class are seniors to fully evaluate their abilities as coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
The turning point will be when the our staff starts winning the battle of the X's and O's in SEC games. Youth and inexperience of the staff plays a part here as well. You saw the Ole Miss staff go right at Mosley when he came in the game, BAMM TD. Spurrier used to do the same thing to Fulmer, it was like the tortoise and the hare.

I have to say I totally agree. It looks as if our game plan is set in stone and scripted to a T. We never attack a teames weakness. We just play our offense like this and see what happens. I don't like what I've been seeing at all. Just do your job is all I ask from the staff. Some are and some are failing miserably.

Reactions: 1 person
No one in their right mind should want to start over, UT has too much invested in this staff to just buy them out at the end of this season or next. They should be given at least until this current freshman class are seniors to fully evaluate their abilities as coaches.

I don't want a new staff at this time, I really like Butch and the things he has done away from gameday, but if the Coaching Aspect from this staff doesn't change, something will have to give.

No...the Florida game in Knoxville was Butch's "turning point" opportunity.

His current "heat" regarding his Offensive coaching/(lack of) performance...Is the result of his failure on his "turning point".

This week needs to just be hard fought...and PRAY for no injuries. But this week is NOT a "turning point". Getting to 6 wins this year (which is looking less and less likely) is the next "turning point".

Capice?

Considering the starting point, second year is too early to assess long term potential. Y'all simply have no concept of patience. Gonna be a couple more years before we know for sure. Hang in there or hang with another team.

Same thing that was posted at this point in Dooley's second year. Word for word.

Reactions: 5 people

I once stood next to a suggestion box for 9 days without a single suggestion. Don't tell me about patience.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the statement, "All are welcome. So Welcome!" Was goofy enough to clue you in but i suppose that sailed right over. Oh well, yes I see your sarcasm. Is that direct enough?

I have to say I totally agree. It looks as if our game plan is set in stone and scripted to a T. We never attack a teames weakness. We just play our offense like this and see what happens. I don't like what I've been seeing at all. Just do your job is all I ask from the staff. Some are and some are failing miserably.

Bingo! Our staff may not be SEC level coaches. :yikes:

Same thing that was posted at this point in Dooley's second year. Word for word.

And it would have been a correct statement then too. Dooley didn't work out. That doesn't mean everyone is going to follow the same pattern. Majors didn't win much for several years either. CBJ is nothing like Dooley. The lack of production on offense has shaken my confidence too but lets at least wait until we are not the youngest team in the country before we judge.

This has to be obvious to anyone with eyes. We play like friggin robots. I'm beginning to think CBJ is a control freak and unwilling to adapt, even when it's obvious he needs to.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back