Hubbs anxious to shoulder load for UT

kamoshika

Hubbs said Monday the shoulder is 100 percent, going as far to say it, “feels brand new.” “It feels better than my right arm, to be honest,” he added.

Dealing with the expectations placed on him weren’t quite 100 percent. Tyndall took notice and called a meeting to talk through what was weighing him down. “The biggest thing is Robert just has to relax and be a basketball player,” Tyndall said. “I think so many times in this crazy business, young people get influenced or drug down, for lack of another word, by expectations from the fans, or friends or girlfriends or whoever.”

Hubbs admitted as much.

Hubbs anxious to shoulder load for UT - The Daily Times: Sports

I think we're being severely under rated we have good enough perimeter players to where if we have a big man capable at all I don't see how we don't finish in the top 8

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know how you can look at this team and think we would be successful. Not blaming the coach but it's not a good situation

We're pretty loaded at the 2/3 positions and should be fine at 1. 4-5 is going to be a real struggle. We probably need to play small ball, much like Pearl's first couple years. However, the SEC isn't very good. People need to look at the competition. I don't expect a tournament invite this year, but we need to put ourselves in a position to get back in 2-3 years. South Carolina and Vanderbilt aren't better than us, not exactly sure what UGA has coming back or Mizzou for that matter.

There are a lot of factors. The SEC has been awful. It wouldn't be a good year for that trend to change, at least from UT's perspective. But I have a feeling the league will be much improved overall. UK is lightyears ahead of everyone. Florida lost some, but still has better talent than any team in the East besides UK.
Much will depend on how this team gels and picks up the scheme. It definately won't be because UT has better talent. This team is put together with bailing wire and duct tape.

There are a lot of factors. The SEC has been awful. It wouldn't be a good year for that trend to change, at least from UT's perspective. But I have a feeling the league will be much improved overall. UK is lightyears ahead of everyone. Florida lost some, but still has better talent than any team in the East besides UK.
Much will depend on how this team gels and picks up the scheme. It definately won't be because UT has better talent. This team is put together with bailing wire and duct tape.

"Bailing wire and duct tape". That's one way to describe it. Lol.

I am actually optimistic about our bball team. I think we have a lot of talent and we have a scrapper/winner for a coach. I think having cast as our coach will price the difference throughout the year. He won a lot of games everywhere he has been. I know sec is a lot different than where he was but dude can coach and we have some "flyers" on our team. I think we make the tourney

VN Store

Back