Butch jones response to wildcat

Serpent710

Last night on vol calls, caller asked about running the wildcat, butch responded "wish we could do that more but our rbs are banged up". Regardless, our rbs are going to get "banged up" on the dive play because the option never happens. What's the difference?

:twocents:It really doesn't matter what offense you try to run when you have an offensive line that can't block. Our quarterback and running backs are in deep peril every time the ball is snapped. :sad:

Reactions: 3 people
Translation. We have not finished running our regular offense into the ground.

:twocents:It really doesn't matter what offense you try to run when you have an offensive line that can't block. Our quarterback and running backs are in deep peril every time the ball is snapped. :sad:

so I haven't slept in about 40 something hours.. and that really made me laugh.. in a good way..

(wow.. ya'll should have seen this txt before I edited it lol)

Reactions: 1 person

Or when your QB is taking 5-7 step drop backs out of shotgun? :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Last night on vol calls, caller asked about running the wildcat, butch responded "wish we could do that more but our rbs are banged up". Regardless, our rbs are going to get "banged up" on the dive play because the option never happens. What's the difference?

Looks like we'll be running the kitty cat this Saturday.
Boy, this SEC grind is horrible and we can't even field a healthy team. :thud:

GO VOLS!

Looks like we'll be running the kitty cat this Saturday.
Boy, this SEC grind is horrible and we can't even field a healthy team. :thud:

GO VOLS!

No OL's taken in the 2012 class....Butch keeps saying recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting....yet most the fan base don't understand it. Not you RollerVol...just the haters on here that think there is magical plays to call when the QB has 2.1 seconds most the time to hand the ball off or get it out of his hand.

Reactions: 2 people
No OL's taken in the 2012 class....Butch keeps saying recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting....yet most the fan base don't understand it. Not you RollerVol...just the haters on here that think there is magical plays to call when the QB has 2.1 seconds most the time to hand the ball off or get it out of his hand.

No magical plays need apply but I think some have simply suggested we should try to find some plays that don't make our bad line and addled QB's look even worse. At least that's what I have mainly been reading from people here. Some have even just asked why we cannot run on more downs with RB's just to limit turnover and negative play opportunities because the line and QB's are outmatched. Wildcat would be a function of that.

How did we loose that game to florida???

4 words. Back up quarter back. UFBUQBs are our kryptonite. The 2nd string QB could be blind, an amputee, a surgically reassigned female, hungover, ill with the flu, have explosive diarrhea, with a club foot and still manage to win against us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
4 words. Back up quarter back. UFBUQBs are our kryptonite. The 2nd string QB could be blind, an amputee, a surgically reassigned female, hungover, ill with the flu, have explosive diarrhea, with a club foot and still manage to win against us.

If he has explosive diarrhea I ain't going nowhere near 'em.

Last edited:

Could be worse. The center could have that ailment. Wait a minute, it's the Gators...never mind.

When our RB's line up in the wildcat they are too stupid to execute. Play is blown up because of illegal procedure before it begins. Poor preparation/ Poor execution. Simplify the damn play and snap count.

This keeps coming up, but judging by the coaching staff's personnel decisions up to this point in the season, you'd think we didn't take any O-linemen in the 2013 class either. :shakehead:

Reactions: 2 people
No magical plays need apply but I think some have simply suggested we should try to find some plays that don't make our bad line and addled QB's look even worse. At least that's what I have mainly been reading from people here. Some have even just asked why we cannot run on more downs with RB's just to limit turnover and negative play opportunities because the line and QB's are outmatched. Wildcat would be a function of that.

"And we have a winner"

Clearly you're not watching the game. Worley pulled a lot last week. Your football iq is simply too low for you to understand that not all keeps are runs.

sounds like butch has no desire to go to a bowl game though, he promised we would. instead of playing to win now, he wants to want til it's 4th and goal at the 1 yd line against vandy to play for bowl eligibility.

sounds like butch has no desire to go to a bowl game though, he promised we would. instead of playing to win now, he wants to want til it's 4th and goal at the 1 yd line against vandy to play for bowl eligibility.

I doubt that very seriously. I just think Butch operates like a plow mule through a field. He is gonna run those lines straight regardless what root rock or obstacle comes along. I have no doubt it'll get plowed either because the man works sun up to sun down and what he does do he does damn well. He just isn't the type deviate from the blueprint.

VN Store

Back