Looks like the ground crew improved the field

TechnoVol

Based on these photos, it looks like the ground crew was able to get the look of the field improved. Must have overseeded with rye. :good!:

Tennessee Football@Vol_Football 6m6 minutes ago
We have the Power! #FridayFocus

Tennessee Football@Vol_Football 32m32 minutes ago
#beaUTiful

Attachments

• Field 1.jpg
    Field 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Field 2.jpg
    Field 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: 12 people
I was there on Thursday for a tour of the stadium and the tour guide said that they were painting the grass green. And sure enough we went to the field level and had a big tank full of greenish paint. Personally, I don't care what they do to it as long as the endzones are orange and white.

Reactions: 1 person
They brought in huge heat lamps to accelerate the growth from the goaline to the opposite 30, hash to hash. Seems to have helped.

They brought in huge heat lamps to accelerate the growth from the goaline to the opposite 30, hash to hash. Seems to have helped.

I think the lamps may have been to get 24 hour growing. Rye or Fescue dont need a high ground temp to germinate like Bermuda. Or they be trying to keep Bermuda from going into dormancy.

Revisit this thread halftime tomorrow and see if it still looks the same way. That rye is gonna poop the bed in a hurry.

I think the lamps may have been to get 24 hour growing. Rye or Fescue dont need a high ground temp to germinate like Bermuda. Or they be trying to keep Bermuda from going into dormancy.

Not sure, but I would assume to save as much of the Bermuda as possible.

Circle Drill will look good on this.

tumblr_mbm0k6lYTq1qdw9xg.gif

Looks great. I just hope they dont ever decide to go to field turf. I think grass fields look so much better.

I was there on Thursday for a tour of the stadium and the tour guide said that they were painting the grass green. And sure enough we went to the field level and had a big tank full of greenish paint. Personally, I don't care what they do to it as long as the endzones are orange and white.

Not paint, fertilizer. It's also green.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't tell for sure but does it look to you guys like the 50 yard line is finally not visible through the T? I remember a lot of people comparing about that on here. Y'all were right it looks way better with the solid orange T

I can't tell for sure but does it look to you guys like the 50 yard line is finally not visible through the T? I remember a lot of people comparing about that on here. Y'all were right it looks way better with the solid orange T

At that angle and from a distance you shouldn't be able to tell it. If you are on top of it, you can see it. If you can't see it at all it is a violation. Officials have to be able to see the yard line. If it's done right, nobody in the stadium should be able to see it, and on tv should only be visible on close up direct shots of the T.

VN Store

Back