Is fla state's offense scheme...

roddo518

Coach
...very similar to what ours would be if we had all the parts? I watched some of the FSU games and some of the plays looked similar, of course with better results. I'm not sure about how the blocking schemes compare in our base runs to theirs. Is anyone out there that can compare and contrast the likes and differences? Minus the ones that just want to say we suck and they don't.

I wish we would add the veer triple option out of the shotgun like they do if Dobbs gets to play. Options are always difficult to prepare for defensively. You run it once, the opponent has to spend time scheming you out during the week.

I think this offense is closer to ours than FSU is.

8094246055_57aa27fbff_z.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Not trying to be a smart azz. But I'm a little sick of these guys that comment with nothing but disrespect when someone starts a thread.

To your question OP. There are many similarities to a lot of teams. I see the same slow developing run plays all across college football. And yes its the blocking. Our guys are slow and not strong enough to compete at this level. Our coaches have politely said as nicely as they can how bad our line is. Tomorrow night it may look like a train wreck. But I'm hoping for a miracle.

Reactions: 2 people
Not trying to be a smart azz. But I'm a little sick of these guys that comment with nothing but disrespect when someone starts a thread.

To your question OP. There are many similarities to a lot of teams. I see the same slow developing run plays all across college football. And yes its the blocking. Our guys are slow and not strong enough to compete at this level. Our coaches have politely said as nicely as they can how bad our line is. Tomorrow night it may look like a train wreck. But I'm hoping for a miracle.

No disrespect intended.

I think the bolded part of your post sums up everyone's thoughts.

The slow developing run plays is exactly why all of football abandoned the single wing for the "T" formation. The single wing required great and experienced O linemen who could hold blocks for an extended period. With quick-hitting "T" dive plays, a brush block was often sufficient. Running slow-developing plays out of the gun is in effect a return to the single wing. Anyone running that offense with our personnel is clearly building for 2016, rather than actually expecting to win in 2014. CBJ seems to have the patience to do that brick-by-brick. Are UT fans similarly patient?

Reactions: 1 person
...very similar to what ours would be if we had all the parts? I watched some of the FSU games and some of the plays looked similar, of course with better results. I'm not sure about how the blocking schemes compare in our base runs to theirs. Is anyone out there that can compare and contrast the likes and differences? Minus the ones that just want to say we suck and they don't.

Similar, maybe. East Carolina runs an offense that is closer to ours IMHO. :)

GO VOLS!

Who is FSUs OC ?

Sanders and Dawsey are Co OC's but Jimbo calls the plays.

FSU doesn't run as much hurry up as Jones and company.

Stick with the balance mantra however between pass and run.

From a formations and plays standpoint, everyone is always copying someone in football so it stands to reason the Vols offense would look similar.

I believe Winston is under center a lot or at least enough. I also believe they use lead blocking full backs when appropriate. Am I wrong?

They also have Winston. We have air at QB

I believe Winston is under center a lot or at least enough. I also believe they use lead blocking full backs when appropriate. Am I wrong?

They also have Winston. We have air at QB

You are correct.

They use some I formation in their sets but seem to be going more spread formations since Winston came in at QB to utilize his athleticism more.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back