So why do we run the no huddle

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
With so much inexperience on offense? Lots of blown assignments out there leading to negative plays and turnovers.

The craziest stat of the year is that we have started 6 true freshmen on offense this year (2 different TE), while only 7 have started for the other 13 SEC teams.

I don't think the staff is capable of adjusting the offense. They have on trick in their bag and since worked at Central Michigan and Cincinnati the seem to assume it'll work in the SEC even though they could not beat Derek Dooley with this offense. I think these guys are kind of like Orgeron staff at ole miss.

Reactions: 4 people
The no huddle makes since when you are picking up first downs. It basically allows the offense to keep the defenses from subbing. With our team I wouldn't snap the ball before 5 seconds on the clock so that even if we go three and out it gives our d a little rest.

Reactions: 1 person
The no huddle makes since when you are picking up first downs. It basically allows the offense to keep the defenses from subbing. With our team I wouldn't snap the ball before 5 seconds on the clock so that even if we go three and out it gives our d a little rest.

Exactly. If you pick up just one first down, you could take considerable time off the clock.

If our offense was better all around than it has been, then No-Huddle can seriously throw off a defense by lining up in a formation not suited to the defense's current personell. Before Kiffin came in, Nick Saban was very vocal about how No-Huddle shouldn't be allowed and yada yada yada. Now, I think Kiffin uses it occasionally.

Since so many people quote it as a success story similar to what CBJ tries: Auburn is No-Huddle I believe

If our offense was better all around than it has been, then No-Huddle can seriously throw off a defense by lining up in a formation not suited to the defense's current personell. Before Kiffin came in, Nick Saban was very vocal about how No-Huddle shouldn't be allowed and yada yada yada. Now, I think Kiffin uses it occasionally.

Since so many people quote it as a success story similar to what CBJ tries: Auburn is No-Huddle I believe
Its only effective if you are moving the chains, but effective none the less.

I'm no coach but all no huddles I have watched over the years that prospered had experience and talent. They have signal callers that can recognize what formations the D is moving to and can change to accommodate it. Playmakers on the outside and lineman that can hold the rush off when it's an obvious pass. A back that can multitask with blocking, running or catching. And they all put points up on the board and made the other team play catch up.
Today with this team and our talent might not be the best day to play no huddle IMO. But, Kiffin could out coach me so what do I know? LOL

Coach bashing.

A UT tradition since 2009

Fulmer couldn't coach either Xs and Os wise... In fact he was out coached by many........he was the beneficiary of the ground work laid by Majors and an excellent staff with great recruiters.

Buy back to your point. Somehow it's all the fans fault that the Vols suck. No, not a coaches, no, never that.....

Its the offense he runs

We have no choice but to watch its miserable existence

Can he not adapt or adjust or because of lack of knowledge or is it more stubborness?

This seems completely narrow minded and potentially career ending.

In every business or situation you have to diversify your capabilities or you will be left in the past. This is just common sense and practical

Guess when it's what you have been good at and you don't have much experience with other types of offenses then you stick with it even when it's not working well.

Guess when it's what you have been good at and you don't have much experience with other types of offenses then you stick with it even when it's not working well.

If this is true than he's in the wrong profession. Sorry but this is absurd.

It worked at central Michigan and Cincinnati until they tried it against higher level competition and it failed miserably. Remember bUTch brought a Cincinnati team into Knoxville that a Dooley led team ran out of town.

He may want to recalculate his formula or go to coaching seminars and learn new things or it may be the end of his career. This **** ain't working and they can't seem to adjust. They look confused on the sidelines. It's starting to show on the tv screen on their faces.

Or, hire someone who is an offensive brain, let them do their job, trust them, stay out of their hair and I think that is the answer. He needs to be a head coach. That means recruit like hell, create a well managed work environment for his staff(employees), let them do their job, keep the players in line and focused and out of trouble and so on.....

He can swallow his "philosophy pride"

Because it sucks right now and it's getting worse

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
With so much inexperience on offense? Lots of blown assignments out there leading to negative plays and turnovers.

The craziest stat of the year is that we have started 6 true freshmen on offense this year (2 different TE), while only 7 have started for the other 13 SEC teams.

I heard our guys think huddling up is lame. Someone always farts, Crowder's always trying to tell dumb jokes, etc.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back