Did Peterman get hurt or something??

skasper06

I was all for pulling Dobbs' redshirt and giving him the start. But I felt like once Peterman was named starting QB, they should have committed to it. I really respect the kid and as a person, I've got nothing but love for Peterman. He has been through a lot with our very critical fanbase. But starting him for just 2 drives and THEN deciding to burn Dobbs' redshirt... I didn't understand it. I am looking forward to hearing what CBJ says on this topic.

Reactions: 2 people
Someone - might have been SpringBokVol - posted before the game that it was planned for Dobbs to go in on the third play series. Maybe they were going to flip back and forth to keep Bama off balance? And then kept him in. :dunno:

edit: play, series; it's been a long day

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I was all for pulling Dobbs' redshirt and giving him the start. But I felt like once Peterman was named starting QB, they should have committed to it. I really respect the kid and as a person, I've got nothing but love for Peterman. He has been through a lot with our very critical fanbase. But starting him for just 2 drives and THEN deciding to burn Dobbs' redshirt... I didn't understand it. I am looking forward to hearing what CBJ says on this topic.

They gave him 2 series to see if he could get the job done. He couldn't. End of story.

Reactions: 21 people
I think he was on a short leash when he was named starter. He didn't produce so they made a move.

The coaches just wanted to see if peterman would come out hot so they wouldn't have to burn the redshirt.

Reactions: 3 people
Someone - might have been SpringBokVol - posted before the game that it was planned for Dobbs to go in on the third play. Maybe they were going to flip back and forth to keep Bama off balance? And then kept him in. :dunno:

Dobbs and Nate had equal two series. One three and out and one with a couple of first downs. No bad decisions made on offense the first quarter by both. Just the way it goes. Doesn't matter if Dobbs would have started cause our offense spotted Bama 14 right off the bat. Nate or Dobbs had nothing to do with that because the defense committed to playing an over/under coverage on Cooper

The game was rapidly spinning out of control right out of the gates. I'm glad we didn't leave Peterman in until it was too late like UF last year. I feel bad for him but butch made the right choice there.

Glad they didn't stay committed to it because Peterman sucks.

Reactions: 9 people

Someone wasn't paying attention to any pregame information.http://www.volnation.com/forum/images/smilies/default/no.gif

Reactions: 1 person
oh me me me.......(with my hand raised high in the aiyer). Its because He is the worst qb in Tennessee history on gameday and just average on practice days.

Rumor floating that Peterman filled out an online enrollment form to Jacksonville State Community Tech at halftime. Thats why he was late out of the tunnel and thus the confusion on a injury.

Someone - might have been SpringBokVol - posted before the game that it was planned for Dobbs to go in on the third play series. Maybe they were going to flip back and forth to keep Bama off balance? And then kept him in. :dunno:

edit: play, series; it's been a long day

This is correct. It was planned all along.

Dobbs was never going to be pulled once he got in.

They gave him 2 series to see if he could get the job done. He couldn't. End of story.

Right on. Peterman might as well hand in his equipment. Unless Worley and Dobbs get hurt and get put out, Peterman won't get a sniff again this year. Maybe not ever. He really sucks bad since he's been here. Think its time UT moves on without him. He is in over his head in the SEC.

My God, people, all this nastiness toward Peterman. For whatever reason or reasons, he didn't click on the field, and you guys gloat about it. What if it were your kid? What if it were YOU? smh :no:

I appreciate his efforts, and guess what, if something happens to Dobbs (please God no), Peterman is probably our guy, depending on how much Worley heals up.

Reactions: 4 people
Its obvious to me what happened. This year was stilll a rebuild year for us. Butch was smart and went with the Senior QB and get all the experience we can to the Freshman. The plan was to red shirt Dobbs let him get some more weight on him and a year under his belt and WILL Be the starter next year. Worley gets hurt Peterman named Starter to pacify him and throw smoke on Bama. Dobbs came in and never looked back. We lost him for another year but, I feel a little more confident on going 6-6 and getting a bowl game. If Peterman would of stayed in we would of lost by 30+... Still excited for our future. Next year crack the top 25, then in 2016 compete for a ship!!!!

My God, people, all this nastiness toward Peterman. For whatever reason or reasons, he didn't click on the field, and you guys gloat about it. What if it were your kid? What if it were YOU? smh :no:

I appreciate his efforts, and guess what, if something happens to Dobbs (please God no), Peterman is probably our guy, depending on how much Worley heals up.

No hate on Peterman here I just think he is not an SEC caliber player. I feel that Worley's injury is pretty serious to burn that red shirt of Dobbs...

VN Store

Back