Spot On analogy By John Adams

He's correct....and I don't mind Adams but hindsight is 20/20.

With that said, it does make you wonder. Butch can certainly recruit, but can he coach? We'll find out in the next 4 games.

Reactions: 7 people
So easy to sit back, criticize and be a Monday morning coach. Just another idiotic media personality with spectacular hindsight. I wonder why he is not a head coach at a major D1 school?

Reactions: 90 people
I'm not sure you know what the word analogy means. Beyond that, this defines garbage revisionist journalism...and I'm usually a fan of John Adams' work.

Reactions: 9 people
Never heard Adams mention starting Dobbs ever all season. Looks like he thought Worley was the right choice too.

Reactions: 33 people
the only thing ja is right about is his bathroom breaks. the rest of his decisions are a toss up at best.

Reactions: 5 people
So easy to sit back, criticize and be a Monday morning coach. Just another idiotic media personality with spectacular hindsight. I wonder why he is not a head coach at a major D1 school?

I wonder how he's made it as long as he has without getting his @ss kicked

Reactions: 8 people
The only way I can make sense of Dobbs not starting at the beginning of the season is because CBJ had already decided he would win enough games to go bowling and in doing so he would keep the fans happy plus he would be able to have Dobbs for 3 years. Its kinda like having your cake and eating it too. Not saying I'm right just expressing my armchair coaches opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 people
Please don't offer any more clicks for something by Adams this is the same guy who told people not to go to a game.

Reactions: 20 people
jeez guys. those who thought wed win 8 games this year didnt see the big pic. adams is a master of hindsight. we are smack dab where we deserve to be. we have the youngest OL in the country.

butch has this

Reactions: 2 people
It's like this...Butch knows he could go 0 and 12 this season. 1...Tennessee doesn't have the money to fire ANYONE and buy out contracts. Tennessee is broke! 2...he needs Dobbs for years to come. Butch new the VOLS would struggle this year before the season ended. He's planning for the future. unfortunately he had to pull the red shirt.

Reactions: 1 person
John Adams is an absolute loser at life and nothing coming out of his putrid mouth is worth any effort it takes a Vol fans' ears and brain to hear and process his verbal garbage.

If Dobbs had played poorly, he would written that Butch should have stayed with Peterman and not burned Dobbs'' redshirt year. Writers got it made--they get to second guess any decision they want, and they aren't ever wrong

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back