AJ Johnson Situation Updates(News and Links only - No Discussion)

volinSmyrna

VFL!!!
Mods please DO NOT merge this. I want to have a thread to go to for actual facts and updates as they are released and not have to wade through 1,000's of posts of bickering/name calling (yes I know I'm in the Football Forum).

So, if you have any FACTS, LINKS, or UPDATES from a verified outlet (not one of my friends has a class with this guy that knew a girl), please post them here and keep the grandstanding to the other thread.

Thanks,

Reactions: 43 people
I was actually looking for a thread specifically for this. I hope it's utilized for this purpose. Please don't merge and please only state what is being reported publically and more important, factually.

I did read in the News Sentinel online that charges have not been brought yet. It stated the players haven't been interviewed or questioned yet. The alleged victim was treated at UT Medical. The other is back in Florida (not going to press charges)

The alleged rape lasted roughly 45 minutes per the victim as reported on the website. Once investigation is complete, it goes to DA to determine if there will be an indictment......

I was actually looking for a thread specifically for this. I hope it's utilized for this purpose. Please don't merge and please only state what is being reported publically and more important, factually.

I did read in the News Sentinel online that charges have not been brought yet. It stated the players haven't been interviewed or questioned yet. The alleged victim was treated at UT Medical. The other is back in Florida (not going to press charges)

The alleged rape lasted roughly 45 minutes per the victim as reported on the website. Once investigation is complete, it goes to DA to determine if there will be an indictment......
That speaks volumes about this..

No idea how credible this is, if at all but it's twitter rumors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-18-16-56-18-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-16-56-18-1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 565
Reactions: 1 person
She drove home from a horrible experience and finally decided to call. I'm not saying this did or didn't happen, but there's nothing not adding up about how it went down just because she drove home.

Reactions: 7 people
She drove home from a horrible experience and finally decided to call. I'm not saying this did or didn't happen, but there's nothing not adding up about how it went down just because she drove home.

oops..was grandstanding :banghead2:

KPD said 24-48 hours in yesterdays thread that disappeared - give it til tommarow for an announcement

Here in Atlanta on 92.9 the game sports radio they were talking about this and one of the guys talked to someone in the AD and said from what he's hearing it appears to be a revenge thing the alleged victim use to be someone Aj use to be "with" from time to time

Reactions: 8 people
Report: Victim accuses Johnson, Williams of forcible rape

Bell said there must be evidence of unlawful sexual penetration for a suspect to be charged with rape. Without proving that, the person can be charged with sexual battery. Both are felonies and can involve a lengthy court process.

"When you have an actual rape charge, don't overlook the fact that you will have a lot more forensics such as semen, or DNA, and that type of thing," Bell said.

Waiting for DNA evidence can also add to a longer investigation.

"One of course is the forensics side of it," Bell explained. "The TBI crime lab does a great job. They've hired some good people but they are processing cases in their lab throughout the entire state. So they get backed up."

Are they basically saying that this won't be resolved anytime soon?

Reactions: 3 people
Rumor going around that a teamate picked up the victim after the incident took place. The victim then called the police after speaking with the teamate. This particular teamate apparently has feelings for the victim and wasn't happy to find out about what took place. CBJ apparently had to stop an altercation from taking place between this teamate and other members of the team. This particular teamate hasn't been at practice yesterday or today. Again all this is a rumor that was posted in the recruiting forum. Just passing along what was posted there. Also wanted to add that apparently the majority of the football team is siding with AJJ and there is not a divide on the team, they feel that AJJ was done dirty and he may come off looking like a jerk in the end, but they don't believe he raped anyone. Also apparently AJJ has texts from the victim from earlier saying she wanted to have sex with him. Lastly the teamate who hasn't been at practice and may have started a lot of this is rumored to not be coming back to the program when it's all said and done. This person was put in an awkward situation hearing about the victim being with two guys and was trying to do the right thing because when he heard the accusations from the victim he believed them to be true. This particular person has been considered very high character off the field and wouldn't have told the victim to go through with this if he didn't feel it was true at the time. Again, I'm no insider just going by what was posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Please try to reserve this thread for updates and keep discussion in the other thread. :hi:

Reactions: 14 people
News reports are claiming that the KPD are declining to say if AJ and Williams have been questioned or interviewed. I'm interested to see hear the other side of the story. Seems like these last few days have been pretty detrimental for these two young guys and they haven't had a chance to defend themselves.

I heard Hyams say that the guys have lawyers, I'm guessing they've been given legal advice not to say anything.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back