Kirk Herbstreit tweet

Power T-Rev

Tennessee is bad for your health
“@thepowertbus: #ItsGood2Be Think #Vols can win the @SEC East next year?” With Dobbs, youthful skill, and new found confidence--look out!

Out of all the TV personalities, Herby has always been the one to show the most love to Tennessee. Might be due to him living in Nashville

Reactions: 44 people
It's not even about showing love as much as being fair and realistic. Call a spade a spade and this program is moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 12 people
I remember a poster after the 2013 season that said he went to a convention where Herbstreit was speaking and taking questions. Apparently he was asked about UT and said the same thing. Something to the extent of "Improvement in 2014, by 2015 watch out!"

Reactions: 14 people
He has a weekly segment on Cowherd's show and every time that Tennessee comes up, both he and Cowherd say "Watch out for Tennessee next year" or "2015 is Tennessee's big year." They don't hype it either, they both say it as if it is a foregone conclusion every single time.

Reactions: 5 people
Didn't Herby recently say something along the lines of "Vol fans wish they still had Kiffin"?

It's just refreshing to hear an analyst be fair for a change. I could care less if he's a UT fan, just be fair and honest in your analysis. Herbstreit seems to do a good job

Reactions: 8 people
His comments aren't just coming out of the blue either. These guys actually study and watch a lot of film in preparation for their upcoming broadcasts. It's nice to hear someone without the orange shades on comment on the progress we can all see.

Reactions: 6 people
What hurts is that we will definitely, 150% without a doubt lose to Florida next year. That's one loss that will hurt our cause.

What hurts is that we will definitely, 150% without a doubt lose to Florida next year. That's one loss that will hurt our cause.

what a great attitude. I can't stand this constant negativity.

But then again you're probably right. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever beat FLA again.

VN Store

Back