Official visits

BornAndRaisedVOL!

Internationally known and locally respected
SIAP, but does anyone know specifics/details about the things that happen on recruits OV's? I understand the obvious things, like touring campus/facilities and hanging out with players & coaches. I was wondering if anyone had any idea about some of the other behind the scenes stuff.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know Butch got part of the Tennessee River approved as part of campus so he could take recruits there on UOVs. OVs kids definitely go there. Butch also takes them to his house from past articles. He has a wall of signatures somewhere in his house

I didn't realize there were restrictions on where recruits can/can't go on UOV (aside from coaches homes). I always thought the main difference between an OV and UOV was whose dime the trip was on. Interesting...

I didn't realize there were restrictions on where recruits can/can't go on UOV (aside from coaches homes). I always thought the main difference between an OV and UOV was whose dime the trip was on. Interesting...
Yeah I think coaches can't take them off campus on UOVs but they can go wherever they please on their own but they couldn't go on the river without spending a lot of money without the coaches.

As far as what goes on, God only knows. The stories I've been told are hopefully not the norm of what every kid wants on an OV (these stories aren't Vol players)

Always wondered what the procedures are for hosting an official visit. Does university pay for the entire visit for whole family? Plane tickets, gasoline, meals, hotels? Do we provide a vehicle to chaffeur the family and provide hosts and hostesses? Do the coaches wives meet with the moms and dads and are they allowed to visit the coaches home? Are the recruits allowed in the lockerroom with the team per-game? Anybody know the rules and procedures? Thanks if you can enlighten.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back