Butch Jones... How much longer

chattavol420

Serious question. People will blast me as a negavol ect. But like it or not... Hes not going to return us to prominence. Hes a great recruiter but a terrible tactician. And he's just one of these guys that scared to death of life. Like the guy in the highway that slams on his brakes in the middle of an intersection when the light turns yellow. I've been in the fence about him but I'm not anymore. We've lost almost every winable game he's coached in while here. The two he won (sc) both took miraculous comebacks that never should have been required. We were firmly in control of both games in the second half before getting conservative and trying to run out the clock. Last night we saw an example of a great coach. They got the ball off a to late in the game while leading and put their foot on our throats and won.

So two questions...Who's next and how much longer before we can afford to part with Butch? Serious questions so please don't merge...

Reactions: 16 people
I don't think you are serious, because if you were you'd know the answers already. You're just frustrated.

Reactions: 9 people
Please study a little history. Coach K at Duke had similar issues until he had the Jimmy's and Joe's. Too early to pull the plug on bUTch.

Reactions: 6 people
As a negavol myself....chillax. We need steady improvement. Save it till next year when we have time to see real results (in wins) based on a couple of offseasons/recruiting classes.

Reactions: 8 people
Butch is here for many more years. Maybe you should step away from the keyboard for a few, I don't know, years. At least until your meds kick in.

Reactions: 45 people
Butch has one official recruiting class. Just wait bro! The Vols are going to be fine with Jones. Can't you see the fight in these kids?

Reactions: 23 people
That coach across the field from Butch last night has a ton of Jimmy's and Joe's doesnt he?

He has a bunch of players he recruited that have a long time in his system.

And in spite of being in first place in the East, they nearly just lost to the 4th place team. So there is that.

Give him credit...the last two years Pinkel has found a way to win. The East being so down has benefited him tremendously though.

Reactions: 4 people
JFC, Mizzou is 9-2 they Jedi mind F'ed our fan base with the line. GTFO it or find a new team. This ish is getting old

Reactions: 9 people
Butch has one official recruiting class. Just wait bro! The Vols are going to be fine with Jones. Can't you see the fight in these kids?

it's not the fight. The OP even stated he's a great recruiter. But you have to start questioning his in game coaching skills, not just because of bad play, but the calls. And for everyone busting Baj, why does no one ever remember that he's just running Butch's offense?

Reactions: 2 people
Serious question. People will blast me as a negavol ect. But like it or not... Hes not going to return us to prominence. Hes a great recruiter but a terrible tactician. And he's just one of these guys that scared to death of life. Like the guy in the highway that slams on his brakes in the middle of an intersection when the light turns yellow. I've been in the fence about him but I'm not anymore. We've lost Lamont every winable game he's coached in while here. The two he won (sc) both took miraculous comebacks that never should have been required. We were firmly in control of both games in the second half before getting conservative and trying to run out the clock. Last night we saw an example of a great coach. They got the ball off a to late in the game while leading and put their foot on our throats and won.

So two questions...Who's next and how much longer before we can afford to part with Butch? Serious questions so please don't merge...

Serious questions....Are you being medicated for your illness? If not, how much longer before you are?

Reactions: 5 people
Really?! We are not even through the second year! The pieces are starting to come together and posts like this continue. Gotta get out of the microwave mode people! Same people praising last week are calling for heads this week! The REALISTIC goal for this year was a bowl game. That is still a possibility. If we beat Vandy, that goal could be accomplished. I will personally reserve judgment until after next weekend myself.

Reactions: 2 people
Serious question. People will blast me as a negavol ect. But like it or not... Hes not going to return us to prominence. Hes a great recruiter but a terrible tactician. And he's just one of these guys that scared to death of life. Like the guy in the highway that slams on his brakes in the middle of an intersection when the light turns yellow. I've been in the fence about him but I'm not anymore. We've lost almost every winable game he's coached in while here. The two he won (sc) both took miraculous comebacks that never should have been required. We were firmly in control of both games in the second half before getting conservative and trying to run out the clock. Last night we saw an example of a great coach. They got the ball off a to late in the game while leading and put their foot on our throats and won.

LOL........until he chooses to leave an idiotic fan base in the dust or 3 more years minimum.

VN Store

Back