Coach T and recruiting for the Vols

SeniorDrill

Thought it might be nice to clarify all of the misconceptions out there about our recruiting class for 2015. Anybody know that the final signing date for 2015 is April 15, 2015? Do you expect all of the recruits to be signed in November, 2014? Give me a break!! Anybody know that final signing date was April 16, 2014 and that Coach T was hired on April 22, 2014? He walked into a program with 4 remaining players, the same players that Martin had left, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed for California. It is actually quite miraculous that we are fielding a team this year that can be competitive. We have a team built from scratch that should be fun to watch instead of a team that would have been lucky to win 10 games under Martin this season. Butch Jones was left in the exact same situation by Derek Dooley and it took a little time to get to this year and the football Vols will be favored to win the East in 2015. Give Tyndall this year and next year will be very similar to what the football Vols have done under Jones. They are two peas in a pod in two different sports. The people who attack Coach T really don't have a clue about what is about to happen.

Reactions: 9 people
You're always asking for someone to "give you a break".

Dude have you ever had a KitKat before?

Reactions: 4 people
Thought it might be nice to clarify all of the misconceptions out there about our recruiting class for 2015. Anybody know that the final signing date for 2015 is April 15, 2015? Do you expect all of the recruits to be signed in November, 2014? Give me a break!! Anybody know that final signing date was April 16, 2014 and that Coach T was hired on April 22, 2014? He walked into a program with 4 remaining players, the same players that Martin had left, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed for California. It is actually quite miraculous that we are fielding a team this year that can be competitive. We have a team built from scratch that should be fun to watch instead of a team that would have been lucky to win 10 games under Martin this season. Butch Jones was left in the exact same situation by Derek Dooley and it took a little time to get to this year and the football Vols will be favored to win the East in 2015. Give Tyndall this year and next year will be very similar to what the football Vols have done under Jones. They are two peas in a pod in two different sports. The people who attack Coach T really don't have a clue about what is about to happen.

THANKS SD! THIS IS BEST POST ALL DAY!!!:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Funny, weren't you telling us SD how Phillips and The Admiral hadnt signed yet so not to get worries...seems the excuses are already piling up.

Free Donnie, Free Donnie,
Free Donnie...:clap::gun::punch_bag:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
If Martin would have stayed he would have won more than 10 games.Thats laughable. Nobody would have left.The reason why they left is because they were not impressed with Tyndall.Im mean look at the guy.Martin had some good players coming in. One was a 7 footer. Martin has already beat Syracuse this year and I dont think Cal is considered a basketball program.

Reactions: 4 people
If Martin would have stayed he would have won more than 10 games.Thats laughable. Nobody would have left.The reason why they left is because they were not impressed with Tyndall.Im mean look at the guy.Martin had some good players coming in. One was a 7 footer. Martin has already beat Syracuse this year and I dont think Cal is considered a basketball program.
I'm so lost with this post

Reactions: 3 people

Is it thanksgiving or April fool's day?

Martin would have had a nice young roster with several building pieces. He had JRich back and planned on Hubbs taking a scoring load on. His recruiting class was solid with the 5 he had coming in. We would have struggled due to being young, but we would have had a great foundation IMO.

Obviously, it doesn't matter now because he isn't here. Here's hoping the Vols win it all this year!

Refresh my memory: exactly who had CCM recruited to replace Stokes and Maymon?
CJ Turman, Philip Cofer, 7-footer Kingsley Okoroh, and possibly RJ(sp?) Rhett. Stokes may have stayed if Cuonzo was for sure coming back, imo. I know Stokes announced before Cuonzo left but I'm sure they talked it through.

Reactions: 3 people
CJ Turman, Philip Cofer, 7-footer Kingsley Okoroh, and possibly RJ(sp?) Rhett. Stokes may have stayed if Cuonzo was for sure coming back, imo. I know Stokes announced before Cuonzo left but I'm sure they talked it through.

As long as you're sure. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back