The Official Tennessee vs. Santa Clara Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 1-1 (0-0 SEC)

B9315203096Z.1_20141120220756_000+G7F96LL5O.1-0.jpg

vs.

Santa Clara Broncos: 2-2 (0-0 WWC)

Santa%20Clara%20Michigan%20St%20Basketball.JPEG

12:00 PM ET, November 27, 2014
HP Field House, Orlando, Florida

Line: UT -6
O/U: -

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN.com

Reactions: 1 person
Give UT a two-game win streak.

Make Tennessee 8-5 all-time against current members of the West Coast Conference.

Give Donnie Tyndall a 1-1 head coaching record against current WCC schools.

Make the Vols 3-1 all-time at this event; Tennessee posted a 2-1 record at the 2008 Old Spice Classic.

Make it a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tennessee's first two games saw eight players make their debuts as Volunteers.

Tennessee ranks fourth nationally in fouls per game (28.0) and 15th nationally in offensive rebounds per game (18.0).

UT's opponents have scored 40 percent of their points on 3-pointers so far this season.

Tennessee is forcing 15.5 turnovers and logging 8.5 steals and 5.0 blocks per game.

Reactions: 2 people
Why has UT always had a funky schedule. Seems everyone else has already played 4 or 5 games. Every season we play 1 or 2. Take a week off. Play again. Take a week off. Why is this. No wonder our teams always start slow. Every other team is always 5 or 6 early games ahead of the pace. Makes no sense to me.

Why has UT always had a funky schedule. Seems everyone else has already played 4 or 5 games. Every season we play 1 or 2. Take a week off. Play again. Take a week off. Why is this. No wonder our teams always start slow. Every other team is always 5 or 6 early games ahead of the pace. Makes no sense to me.

I've wondered that myself

Go vols! Get the W boys. I'll be cheering from Manila, Philippines! Getting back on Sunday can't wait to watch on a tv instead of a crappy live stream.

Give UT a two-game win streak.

Make Tennessee 8-5 all-time against current members of the West Coast Conference.

Give Donnie Tyndall a 1-1 head coaching record against current WCC schools.

Make the Vols 3-1 all-time at this event; Tennessee posted a 2-1 record at the 2008 Old Spice Classic.

Make it a Happy Thanksgiving!

I see you changed your avi. :hi:

I have only noticed that this year. We played 4 games last year before the Battle 4 Atlantis which is playing right now. We played 2 games the previous 2 years before our tournaments but that's because Thanksgiving was earlier in the month. When you play in the Maui Invitational, it is scheduled right before Thanksgiving, and you allow for travel. We always take about a week off around final exams, and we do this year as well. We catch up after that and before New Year's when we play 6 games in 17 days- 5 at home.

Knowing that we are going to struggle all year, does this feel like a must win to anyone?

This is a game we definitely should win. I would think that Armani and Josh could have huge games with their small guards. We really need this win today.

Go vols. Hope they take santa clara with respect because they can shoot you out of the gym

Is everyone healthy? I know that Woodson sat out the last game and Baulkman had issues earlier this year. Also, will we see Chiles this time?

Is everyone healthy? I know that Woodson sat out the last game and Baulkman had issues earlier this year. Also, will we see Chiles this time?

Word was Woodson and Baulkman would play a little Chiles still has some injury problems. He did practice one day I think. He is an injury waiting to happen.

Santa Clara has a few injuries too. I think a couple of their big guys are out today.

VN Store

Back